in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-16-2008 5:54 PM by alexcox. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-16-2008 12:55 PM

Beogram RX2 won't play

This may be a very simple problem but I have never owned a turntable before so know nothing about them. I have just bought a beogram rx2 from ebay but am unable to get it to work. I have adjusted the counterbalance so it seems to be balanced correctly as far as I'm aware but when I try to play anything on it (despite the arm not situating itself on the record when I try to play a 45, but I think that may be because new records have different weights to old ones?) it will sit on the egde of the record but as it moves into the grooves it slips back out to its starting position and it also does this if I try to cue it into the middle of the record. Is this simply because it needs a new stylus? It has a mmc3 on it at the moment. It also doesn't seem to make any noise when I touch the needle but that could easily be something to do with the stereo as I've never used a record player with it before. Any help is appreciated! Thanks
  • 07-16-2008 2:29 PM In reply to

Re: Beogram RX2 won't play

what kind if system are you using it with? - if it's a recent B&O one then it may not have a pre-amp built in and you would have to get a phono preamp and some leads. Not sure why it's not playing, unless it's not setup correctly

Beovision Avant 32 RF, DVD1, Beovision 1, MX4002, Beound 3000, Beolab Penta MKII, Beovox Penta, Beolit 707, Beolink Passive, Beovox C30, Beocom 4, Beogram TX, 4 x Beo4, Form 1 & 2, Beocenter 7700, Beovox S65,

• 07-16-2008 3:12 PM In reply to

I've just got small kenwood stereo that a friend gave me (just moved into a flat so can't afford a B&O yet!), it says it has a stereo amplifier on the front, that should be ok shouldn't it? That's the thing, I have set the counterweight using the instructions someone posted on here but with my lack of turntable experience it could be wrong!
  • 07-16-2008 4:05 PM In reply to

Try this.

• 07-16-2008 5:33 PM In reply to

Done that, and it does seem to be better balanced but still the same problem. I'm not convinced the stereo I have will support it, there is a sub woofer pre out plug in the back so would that mean I'd need one to use the turntable with it? But regardless of that it still won't play the record, just keeps skipping back to the beginning. It's very frustrating!
  • 07-16-2008 5:42 PM In reply to

I would concentrate on getting the deck working first - it will work with any amplifier with a dedicated Phono input. The outputs are of no consequence at the moment.

I think you have a rotten cartridge - where do you live?

• 07-16-2008 5:54 PM In reply to

Yeah exactly. I live in Hertfordshire, in England, near London. By cartridge do you mean the stylus?
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)