in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-30-2008 3:26 PM by rayfenwick. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-29-2008 11:38 AM

• Kokomo
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-21-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 618
    • Bronze Member

Beogram CD 4500 CD mechanism removal

Has anyone any idea please as to how to remove the CD mechanism from my 4500? I have removed the base cover and can now see the mechanism within but can't gain access to it and it is partially enclosed. There do not appear to be any more screws to permit remove of those things (eg the circuit board) which prevent me getting further into it.

I'm scratching my head as to how the thing was assembled!

Any help or advice appreciated. 

• 06-29-2008 12:12 PM In reply to

• camshaft
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Pennsylvania, USA
    • Posts 575
    • Founder

Re: Beogram CD 4500 CD mechanism removal

When you say you removed the base cover, does that mean you haven't removed the top section?

Turn off and unplug the player with the mirrored panel raised.  Look at the two hinges where the panel's attached.  There will be indentations above the hinge arms.  Slide a tiny screwdriver tip into that indentation, underneath the hinge arm to lift it away from the cover.  Then slide the cover up and away from the hinges.

Now the touch panel.  On the bottom of the cd player, on the front edge, there's a small hole underneath the glass panel.  Slide a thin screwdriver or some other pin-like object straight up into the hole.  This presses in one a locking tab, allowing you to slide the glass touch panel to the left.  You can then lift the touch panel out, and unplug it.

I think there may be a couple more screws that hold the top plastic cover on, but they'll be easy to see if thats the case.

Austin

-Austin (resident audiophile skeptic)
  • 06-30-2008 3:46 AM In reply to

• Kokomo
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-21-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 618
    • Bronze Member

A big big thank you Camshaft! I doubt very much I would have figured that out myself. Following your advice, when I removed the mirrored panel, the plastic top just unclipped and hey presto, there was the cd mechanism!

Thanks again.

• 06-30-2008 11:52 AM In reply to

• lausvi
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Helsinki - Finland
    • Posts 498
    • Gold Member

Also make sure that the touch panel is firmly in place (glass attached to the plastic frame). The glass is hold there by double-sided tape and in most cases it's loose by now. I had this problem with my Beocord 3500 (same as the 4500 but the lid is in different colour). The old tape must be fully removed and replaced (search the forum in case you need to re-attach the glass).

Bang & Olufsen - The art of controlling sound, picture and light

• 06-30-2008 12:52 PM In reply to

• camshaft
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Pennsylvania, USA
    • Posts 575
    • Founder

Right.  If you need to replace the glass, here are my directions on how to:

http://forum.beoworld.org/forums/post/82380.aspx 

-Austin (resident audiophile skeptic)
  • 06-30-2008 2:58 PM In reply to

• Kokomo
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-21-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 618
    • Bronze Member

A big thank you once again to those who have taken the trouble to respond.

What I decided to do was:- I have a Philips HDD120 on which I have around 2500 music tracks. When I bought it about 2-3 yrs ago I transferred all my CDs onto it and have since added many downloaded tracks. It looks fabulous as the finish matches the 4500 perfectly and previously sat next to my Beomaster set-up. If only it had the B&O name on it!

Anyway, as I don't play CDs any more I decided to fit the Philips into the space previously occupied by the CD mechanism of my 4500. Now completed it and I'm really pleased. The cover now opens to reveal the MP3 player which looks part of the unit. If only my Beo4 could control it!

May move on to an iPod with Ridax cable to permit Beo4 control and install this in my 4500!!

Thanks again. 

• 06-30-2008 3:26 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Photo's, photo's. We need photo's!

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 06-30-2008 3:26 PM In reply to

kokomo:

A big thank you once again to those who have taken the trouble to respond.

What I decided to do was:- I have a Philips HDD120 on which I have around 2500 music tracks. When I bought it about 2-3 yrs ago I transferred all my CDs onto it and have since added many downloaded tracks. It looks fabulous as the finish matches the 4500 perfectly and previously sat next to my Beomaster set-up. If only it had the B&O name on it!

Anyway, as I don't play CDs any more I decided to fit the Philips into the space previously occupied by the CD mechanism of my 4500. Now completed it and I'm really pleased. The cover now opens to reveal the MP3 player which looks part of the unit. If only my Beo4 could control it!

May move on to an iPod with Ridax cable to permit Beo4 control and install this in my 4500!!

Thanks again. 

Hi Kokomo.

It sounds like a nice project - is there any chance of you uploading some photos for us?

Also, keep your CD mechanism aside - someone may well want to buy it in the future to repair a 4500 with a expired CD mechanism...

Best wishes

Ray

Я люблю Банг и Oлуфсен

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)