in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-05-2008 3:16 AM by Peter. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-04-2008 5:09 PM

HELP!!!!!! PROBLEM WITH AUTOMATIC FUNCTION FOR RECORD PLAYER ON BEOCENTER 2200

Hi, PLEASE HELP!!

I am at a friend's house who has an old Beocenter 2200.  She went out to the shops and the record finished playing.  We didn't know how to operate the record player and so in trying to get it to play we moved the arm of the record player by hand, not knowing that it was an automatic function.  When she came back and showed us how to do it correctly, the automatic function no longer worked.

Please anyone who knows how to fix this, can you pease give us an idiots guide how to do this!  The Beocenter 2200 belongs to her ex boyfriend so she is panicking.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Rob

• 07-04-2008 5:41 PM In reply to

Re: HELP!!!!!! PROBLEM WITH AUTOMATIC FUNCTION FOR RECORD PLAYER ON BEOCENTER 2200

Move the arm back to the near centre of the record and it should then automatically return it to the stop position. Once that is done, it should work fine.

Tell her not to worry though - the 2200 is almost worthless! 

• 07-04-2008 7:03 PM In reply to

• Calvin
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • London
    • Posts 233
    • Bronze Member

Re: HELP!!!!!! PROBLEM WITH AUTOMATIC FUNCTION FOR RECORD PLAYER ON BEOCENTER 2200

I always thought that the layout of the 2200 was great, and when not in use, it looked great.  It's just such a shame that the build quality was shoddy compared to the rest of the line.  If you're willing to accept it as an entry product though, it's a great system and it was my first purchase.

If you are a first time buyer, the odds are that you've not experienced a proper system in your room to compare it to. In that instance, it's a good brand and a decent looking stereo for a decent price.  Not everyone can dive into paying a thousand pounds for a retro system plus speakers. Yet.

• 07-05-2008 3:16 AM In reply to

True - I was really commenting that if necessary, you could pick up a replacement for next to nothing! However if I was buying a retro system, I would look at the Beocenter 7000/7002/7007/7700 which is available for next to nothing as well and is to all intents a mini 8000 system. Will need new capacitors and a belt for the cassette deck, but once done you will have a system that is remote control and sounds better than many B&O separate systems.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)