in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-08-2008 5:50 AM by potasek. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-07-2008 11:07 AM

Beosound century help!

I have a beosound century and all of a sudden there has been a problem with the glass door.  It doesn't close all the way and when I try turning the power off with the remote, it closes and after a few seconds completely reopens and all the lights stay on constantly.  If I take the door off however, this doesn't seem to happen; the bracket moves as normal.  Does anyone have any explanation?  Does this sound like a familiar problem with this model?  It seems that the bracket may be slightly loose which would explain the door stopping it from working properly; the weight causing friction against the body of the stereo.  If it is just a loose bracket, is that something I can fix alone or do I have to take it to B&O?
  • 02-07-2008 7:10 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Re: Beosound century help!

Have you cleaned the glass door thoroughly? The sensor could be mistaking a mark, scratch or condensation for someones hand!

Only a suggestion.

Lee

Smile 

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 02-09-2008 4:30 PM In reply to

Many thanks.  Sounded like a good idea. Just tried but no luck.

Thanks again

• 02-12-2008 5:49 PM In reply to

• Opman
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-31-2007
    • Cheshire, UK
    • Posts 323
    • Bronze Member

I have had experience of the sledge that holds the door becoming disengaged.  If you open the door and then push it to the left, it will click back into place.  I would try this with caution in case it is not the cause of the problem.

I have seen two do this and a slight push made them work again.

Opman

• 06-08-2008 5:50 AM In reply to

Hello,

I had exactly the same problem.The sliding mechanism needs lubrication.

You have to remove the left speeker cover(two screws on the back-side) and lubricate the guide rail, it is very easy.

The problem was solved in 10 minutes.

regards,

Piotr

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)