in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-02-2008 11:38 AM by bwaje. 15 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (16 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-29-2008 1:29 PM

• bwaje
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-22-2007
    • Paris - France
    • Posts 38
    • Bronze Member

Beocom 2400

I Just received a Beocom 2400, sold here : Bang & Olufson Telefon 2400 Designer Style

is it voip compatible ?

because when I plug it to my router I have absolutely no signal… 

b&otien
  • 05-29-2008 1:35 PM In reply to

Re: Beocom 2400

Bonsoir,

Je ne sais pas si cela peut t'aider, mais j'utilise sur ma livebox un BeoCom 1400 et un Beocom 4 qui marchent tous les deux parfaitement.  

• 05-29-2008 1:56 PM In reply to

• bwaje
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-22-2007
    • Paris - France
    • Posts 38
    • Bronze Member

Merci, je vais le tester sur une ligne classique (ça commence à devenir difficile d'en trouver) avant d'aller plus loin, mais je suis étonné qu'il n'y ait pas d'info dans la FAQ la dessus.
    b&otien
  • 05-29-2008 2:06 PM In reply to

Je pense juste à un petit détail : mon BeoCom 1400 a été acheté en Allemagne ce qui semble auusi être le cas pour le tien. A l'époque le revendeur m'avait remplacé la prise téléphonique par un modèle français pour qu'il fonctionne chez nous.
  • 05-29-2008 2:06 PM In reply to

Je pense juste à un petit détail : mon BeoCom 1400 a été acheté en Allemagne ce qui semble aussi être le cas pour le tien. A l'époque le revendeur m'avait remplacé la prise téléphonique par un modèle français pour qu'il fonctionne chez nous.
  • 05-29-2008 2:19 PM In reply to

• bwaje
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-22-2007
    • Paris - France
    • Posts 38
    • Bronze Member

oui, il m'a été livré avec une prise allemande, mais quand je le connecte à la 9box en direct rj45 à rj45, ça ne donne rien : pas de tonalité, ni d'allumage écran…
    b&otien
  • 05-29-2008 2:30 PM In reply to

Sur le Beocom 1400 la prise étant fixe, le revendeur a coupé le câble pour refaire le branchement français. Sur la livebox j'utilise un adaptateur rj45-->2 prises téléphoniques. (Je viens de tester le brachement du Beocom 4 en direct rj45 et ça fonctionne aussi.)

Bien que je n'ai plus de ligne fixe FT, quand je débranche ma livebox du secteur, je retrouve tout de même l'ancienne tonalité "classsique" lorsque je décroche le combiné. Idem si je branche directement mes Beocoms dans 1 prise téléphonique murale, mais je ne peux évidement pas passer d'appel.

• 05-29-2008 2:59 PM In reply to

• bwaje
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-22-2007
    • Paris - France
    • Posts 38
    • Bronze Member

Aucune tonalité quelque soit le téléphone pour moi, tu dois avoir un "reste" de l'opérateur historique sur ta ligne !

Je teste ça demain avant d'éventuellement le retourner au vendeur; mais je suis déçu, je pensais qu'il marcherait sur un routeur. 

b&otien
  • 05-29-2008 3:25 PM In reply to

The Beocom 2400 is an analogue phone and NOT a VOIP (Voice Over Internet Protocol) phone.

Regards Keith....

• 05-29-2008 3:34 PM In reply to

I have a 2400 plugged into my BT Broadband router which gives me free evening and weekend calls over the internet!! Is that what you call VOIP?

Never Mind The Ball-Cocks www.markmossplumbing.co.uk

A labourer uses his hands
    A tradesman uses his hands and his head
    A craftsman uses his hands, his head and his heart

• 05-29-2008 3:55 PM In reply to

VOIP (Voice Over Internet Protocol) phones are phones which use IP protocol directly from the Phone itself to an ethernet port.

Each phone has a unique IP address in the same way as your computer and router which is used for communicating over the Internet or local network (LAN). You can connect a standard analogue phone via an adapter (see HERE for details) to make calls over the internet, but the phone itself is NOT a VOIP phone.

So, the Beocom 2400 is NOT a VOIP phone and B&O have never made a VOIP phone.

Cisco Systems is the worlds leading manufacturer of VOIP phones see HERE for details

Regards Keith....

• 05-29-2008 4:05 PM In reply to

• bwaje
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-22-2007
    • Paris - France
    • Posts 38
    • Bronze Member

OK, I asked the if the Beocom is VOIP compatible, not as a Skype phone; been connected to a modem without any other electricity supply.
    b&otien
  • 05-29-2008 5:32 PM In reply to

bwaje:
    OK, I asked the if the Beocom is VOIP compatible, not as a Skype phone; been connected to a modem without any other electricity supply.

All i can say is my BC2400 is plugged into my BT Home Hub (router) which gives me phone calls over the internet based on the package i have with BT. See here  http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/displayTopic.do?topicId=16546  this may be no use to you if you havent got BT which you probably havent.

Never Mind The Ball-Cocks www.markmossplumbing.co.uk

A labourer uses his hands
    A tradesman uses his hands and his head
    A craftsman uses his hands, his head and his heart

• 05-30-2008 2:41 AM In reply to

ArgyleMoss,

I think we have a definition difference here.

With your BT adapter you can use your standard analogue or DECT phone without modification to make and receive calls over the Internet. There are many services such as this with or without an adapter. When you use services such as www.call18866.com you call goes over the Internet, but the last mile to your house from the exchange is still standard analogue.

However end-to-end VOIP requires the handset itself be an IP protocol device.

bwaje asked if the Beocom 2400 is VOIP compatible and the answer is ALL analogue phones are compatible if you have an adapter. However, bwaje appears to be looking for a solution which does not require a device which has to be connected to the mains power in the same way as plugging the Beocom 2400 into an analogue phone line. Unfortunately, you will always need power for the adapter

So, bwaje, any solution including SkyPE will need a power supply.

Regards Keith....

• 05-30-2008 3:03 AM In reply to

• bwaje
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-22-2007
    • Paris - France
    • Posts 38
    • Bronze Member

Thanks Keith,

so the difference with Benoit's beocom 1400 being compatible is due to its battery supplying power vs the beocom 2400 which has no power supply ? 

b&otien
  • 06-02-2008 11:38 AM In reply to

• bwaje
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-22-2007
    • Paris - France
    • Posts 38
    • Bronze Member

I tested the Beocom, it is broken, no sound at all, even the receiver is not working.
    b&otien
Page 1 of 1 (16 items)