in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-15-2007 7:06 AM by pf85. 18 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (19 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-13-2007 8:37 AM

BeoSound 3

Just bought one and wondered how many other people have? I really like its portability factor, very useful for carrying around the house and garden. Will probably use it mostly in the bathroom and kitchen. Wish it was stereo but there we go.

Simon.

"We can rebuild him. We have the technology." 7-40, 7-2, 9000, BS3, BC2, LC2, BC6000, Beo5
  • 05-13-2007 8:42 AM In reply to

• rippi
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Posts 12
    • Bronze Member

Re: BeoSound 3

I do have one too. i really like. There is only one thing that bothers me. it's the lach of switch off timer functionality in conjunction with A.Mem Harald
  • 05-13-2007 10:08 AM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

I have one too. Use it mainly as an alarm clock. I listen to it with A8s, as I do not want to wake up SHMBO lying next to me. In the morning, I like the snooze function of the timer.

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 05-13-2007 12:24 PM In reply to

tom:
    I have one too. Use it mainly as an alarm clock. I listen to it with A8s, as I do not want to wake up SHMBO lying next to me. In the morning, I like the snooze function of the timer.

SHMBO?

• 05-13-2007 12:26 PM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

Henry:

tom:

SHMBO?

She Who Must Be Obeied Big Smile

• 05-13-2007 12:46 PM In reply to

tom:
    Henry:

tom:

SHMBO?

Tom you are a good guy! Laughing

• 05-13-2007 1:03 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

tom:
    I have one too. Use it mainly as an alarm clock. I listen to it with A8s, as I do not want to wake up SHMBO lying next to me. In the morning, I like the snooze function osf the timer.

Tom, How on earth can you go to sleep with A8s on?Confused Are you not afraid of strangling yourself then waking up dead? That would be a surprise for SWMBO Surprise[:'(]

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 05-13-2007 1:09 PM In reply to

I fell asleep with A8s once, accidentally. Woke up a few hours later thinking I was deaf in one ear. Not really, just pulled out the wire from the earphone - wireless hands free Cool look better than one of those saucers on your ear.
  • 05-13-2007 1:09 PM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

jandyt:

Tom, How on earth can you go to sleep with A8s on?Confused Are you not afraid of strangling yourself then waking up dead? That would be a surprise for SWMBO Surprise[:'(]

Andy T.

Well, normally, I manage to take them off just before I fall asleep. But it happend already 2-3 times, that I fell asleap wearing the A8s and that during the night, the BS3 fell down, because I pulled it down with the wire...

Andy, I really like that "waking up dead" LaughingLaughingLaughing

• 05-13-2007 1:15 PM In reply to

• YannChris
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Larmor-Plage, France
    • Posts 276
    • Founder

tom:
    Henry:

tom:

SHMBO?

Oh!

I thought it meant She Hates My BeO. Angry

Could not believe it could exist.

I feel better now. Laughing

Yann.

Ne pas s'en faire et boire frais!

Mon install en images: cliquez sur mon profil, au dessus de mon avatar - Puis "My files" tout en bas.

Pictures of my setup: click on my nickname, above my avatar. Then "my files" at the bottom of the page.

• 05-13-2007 1:26 PM In reply to

I enjoy the sound of BS 3.  It is great for listening to talk radio.  Here in the USA, NPR sounds great.  I like the mono sound enough that I am thinking of ordering the BV7 with the 7.4 when it gets here in the US.  

Enjoy,

Dario
    When I hear music, I fear no danger. I see no foe... Thoreau
  • 05-14-2007 1:33 AM In reply to

• Beo
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 108
    • Bronze Member

welcome, please join us! I believe it is the best sounding portable radio in the world. Although it is mono, if you do not want a soundstage, it gives you wonderful music.

for my small room of less than few sq. meter, I can fill my room full of music with just 25 to 28 volume out of 50, B&O is always exceed expectation.

• 05-14-2007 4:13 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

The Beonic Man:

Wish it was stereo but there we go.

The only thing I miss is a lack of AM. The number of times I wanted to take it on to the terrace and listen to some football (Radio 5) but can't, as it only supports FM! 

• 05-14-2007 5:41 AM In reply to

• Beo
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 108
    • Bronze Member

In my place, FM only is still okay. Since all main stations are available in FM.

But may I ask how can I minimize the interference or the radio signal noise?? I usually place beosound 3 1 to 2 meters from the windows, interference happens easily when I stand near to it. Well, I have the aerial up already.

• 05-14-2007 3:18 PM In reply to

• pf85
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Posts 145
    • Founder

In my view a great product where the developpers thought hard of what it should be and what not... I like mine as well. 
    For the future - wishing the following upgrades:
    - different colors but still with the sleed alu body (black alloy, red...)
    - enhanced display (like the current execution through the speaker grid though...)
    - aux
  • 05-14-2007 5:44 PM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

pf85, why is your text to large to fit the normal window size of the forum. I read 2 post of yours and both were to large. May be it is not your mistake, but it occurs only with your posts. Admins?

• 05-14-2007 10:25 PM In reply to

I love these, but I was unsure if it was worth the cash. So I tried to order one but in Japan they are not shipping anymore. The man isn the shop told me it is because of the touch panel. My Japanese is no too good, one day. Has anyone else heard this?

Beosystem 7000/6500- Beolab 4000 - Beosound 1 - A8 - Earset 3 - Beo4

• 05-15-2007 7:06 AM In reply to

• pf85
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Posts 145
    • Founder

Tom,

thanks for letting me know. I am using Opera 9.20. Can Admins check ?

Peter (pf85)

Page 1 of 1 (19 items)