in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-07-2008 12:24 PM by stotty1111. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-07-2008 9:57 AM

Recone, Huddersfield

Havng a few days off work, I thought I'd use a couple of them to take some speakers over to Huddersfield for the surrounds reworking.

Unfortunately the operation has been closed down for now, the chap says he may reopen in a few months time.

He said that it doesn't make much money, more a labour of love, so I guess I wait to see what happens - I imagine he will fulfil existing commitments.

It's one thing to replace the surrounds on CX100 elements, there is plent of tolerance for ham fistedness, but not so much on others, I've some S120s that need a hand, those are not the sort of thing that will take kindly to my ministrations. I have others that need work too.

Meanwhile, what to do ? I'll wait, maybe try someone else, but who is there that has a good reputation, he said that Wembley loudspeakers seem to know what they are doing, he did say to beware of others. I'll try them out with one set, and report back.

So it really does come down to personal experiences, what's good, and what is not?

• 07-07-2008 11:41 AM In reply to

• h1npw
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • A cricket ball throw from Trent Bridge
    • Posts 776
    • Founder

Re: Recone, Huddersfield

Hi Dave

That's a real shame - never used them myself, but Peter always had good words to say about them... Might be worth trying Wilmslow Audio in Leicestershire. I've emailed you about your kind offer.

Cheers

Nigel

• 07-07-2008 12:24 PM In reply to

• stotty1111
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-16-2007
    • UK / France - Nth Worcestershire/Finistere
    • Posts 924
    • Gold Member

Re: Recone, Huddersfield

hi all

when the drivers in my passive pentas needed refoaming i asked them if they did the work the reply was no have a go yourself!

i did with good results maybe easier with small diam units i don't know - i used Goodhifi rings - do a search on ebay - 10 rings cost me €28 inc p&p - i didn't use the advertised ebay service tho' just an email for a price etc!

hope this helps

salut

tony s

I always try to operate using/following the KISS principle --  Keep it simple stupid!

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)