in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-20-2008 5:20 PM by rednik. 11 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-07-2008 8:30 AM

Beolab 10

Does anyone have a photo of the all-black variant of the Beolab 10 that they could post? The media center and official B&O site only have photos of the black grill/silver frame version.
  • 05-07-2008 2:23 PM In reply to

Re: Beolab 10

I went ahead and got the silver frame with black grill. It will be arriving this Friday. I'll post pictures once I have it mounted.
  • 05-09-2008 4:52 PM In reply to

I received my Beolab 10 today and have it mounted below the projector screen. The sound is wonderful. It delivers very crisp dialogue -- much better than the pair of Beolab 4000s that I had been using for the center channel. It's worth noting that the silver trim is actually part of the detachable grill. Therefore, it would be very easy to switch to all black at a later time. The grill is very easy to remove. It has pegs similar to those of the metal Beolab 2500 grills. I've heard my dealer that the all-black version might have a black acoustic lens; however, this hasn't been confirmed. Still, the silver acoustic lens is not very noticeable.
  • 05-17-2008 2:40 PM In reply to

• 05-20-2008 7:40 AM In reply to

Due to the forum problems, I was having trouble posting photos last weekend. I've posted photos of the Beolab 10 with the beamer screen lowered and also with the screen retracted.

• 05-20-2008 7:44 AM In reply to

another photo:

• 05-20-2008 12:50 PM In reply to

I saw BeoLab 10 for the first time this weekend and quite liked it. It was the silver edged model instead of the all black one. I really like the design, as I did seeing the first photos of it here on BeoWorld a few months ago, but better still is the sound. I have never heard such clear speech from a loud speaker. It's certainly taken the edge off both BeoLab 7s in my opinion as long as you like the design and it will also be available to be mounted on a BeoVision 7 floor stand which I didn't already know.

By the way, brilliant setup Jeff!  Cool  Before seeing the full sized photo of your setup, I thought the painting was a fish tank built into the wall!

• 05-20-2008 2:44 PM In reply to

• Beolab
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-18-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 535
    • Bronze Member
    Henry:

I saw BeoLab 10 for the first time this weekend and quite liked it. It was the silver edged model instead of the all black one. I really like the design, as I did seeing the first photos of it here on BeoWorld a few months ago, but better still is the sound. I have never heard such clear speech from a loud speaker. It's certainly taken the edge off both BeoLab 7s in my opinion as long as you like the design and it will also be available to be mounted on a BeoVision 7 floor stand which I didn't already know.

By the way, brilliant setup Jeff!  Cool  Before seeing the full sized photo of your setup, I thought the painting was a fish tank built into the wall!

The first picture of Bv7-40 with the BL 10...!

I did a quick photoshop picture with Bv7 -40 and BL10 ... Looks nice!

BL8000 MkII Black

• 05-20-2008 3:33 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder
    Yes, it does grow on you.
    I wonder how long it will be before some Russian hangs one upside down from the ceiling?
    Like they did with the 8000s

Poor me, never win owt!

• 05-20-2008 3:38 PM In reply to

Jandyt:
    Yes, it does grow on you.
    I wonder how long it will be before some Russian hangs one upside down from the ceiling?
    Like they did with the 8000s

Maybe the whole picture is upside down, and they just had high doorsteps? 

-mika

• 05-20-2008 4:15 PM In reply to

I think that a bracket for the BV7-40 should certainly be possible. The Beolab 10 has a switch on the back to select either "wall" or "free-standing." Also, the depth of the Beolab 10 is actually adjustable on the bracket. The bracket makes it such that you can either keep the speaker flush against the wall or extend it out farther if needed to match the depth of the television/screen. It comes with two metal strips that you can attach behind the speaker at the sides to cover the mounting bracket if the depth is extended.
  • 05-20-2008 5:20 PM In reply to

The bracket for BV7 is coming soon, and pictures are already avaiable

http://www.stbbrackets.co.uk/?page=proddetail&catID=5&ProdID=1074

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)