in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-29-2008 8:49 AM by stefan. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-27-2008 5:43 PM

Control more than one TV on the same location - lintronic

Dear all,

Before all I would like to tell you that I'm very well surprised with the way everyone helps each other in a very nice and positive way.

As you can understand I'm very new to B&O. I have two B&O, one Avant 28 VCR with an Overtura and a Beocenter 6-23.

Both are in the same room and I would like to control them separatly. I'm building a new super small flat and you like to automate it with Lintronic material and the Beo 5 Remote (I'm going to sell 3 Beo4 and buy Beo 5).

Questions:

1. Is this scenario possible? (control two tvs in the same room separatly?)

2. Can Beo 5 help me with this issue?

3. Are there any issues with Lintronic that you can tell me?

4. Are there any other options? (I have a remote platic end that allows me to control only one tv at a time, but it doens't allow me to take advantage of the remote very apreciated feature - point anywhere).

Best regards and thanks in advance,

João Costa

Filed under: ,
  • 05-28-2008 1:11 PM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

Re: Control more than one TV on the same location - lintronic

Hi,

and welcome to Beoworld. Yes, sure it is possible to control both TVs independantly - with the help of option programming .

1- Your Avant should be in option 2, Ouverture in option 0. So set your BC 6 to option 4. Now you can control it by using Link commands, press LINK-TV, LINK-DTV, LINK-V.MEM.....f you want to control the Avant just press TV, DTV, V.MEM....as usual.

2- This will work with Beo4, Beolink 1000, Beolink 5000, Beolink 7000 (both in 1way mode). For Beo5 special buttons or a special zone has to be programmed - but this will work also.

3- I have 3 Lintronic -238 boxes and 1 relais board and everything works fine. Do you think of a special issue?

4- I Think there are no other option needed.....

best regards

Stefan 

• 05-28-2008 7:38 PM In reply to

Stefan,

Let me thank you for you very kind answer. I just start reading on the options available and it seams thats the way to go.

1. I'll try as soon as I'll reach my home

2. Hum, regarding the Beo 5 do you thinks its a very good advantage to me? My flat has only one room, because its an open space. What other advantages do you thing it has? Can I program it to execute determined command in the Lintronic?

3. I'll have 1 Lintronic 238, one relay to control my curtains (the bathroom is made of transparent glass and I'll need some curtains with somfy motors), X10 devices and an IBM desktop hidden to control. The issue was if I could replace a desktop screen for the BEO5, allowing me to controll all the house with the beo5.

4. thanks

Stefan, thank you once again,

João Costa 

Filed under: ,
  • 05-29-2008 8:49 AM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

1- Make sure the Avant can NOT receive any IR commands while programming option 4 to the BC 6. Otherwise both TVs will be in option 4.

2- I think the advantages of Beo5 are: you can create your own buttons with special functions or macros but only in B&O sense. If you want to control non-beo-products you have to use an IR converter (Lintronic) anyway.

3- You can use the Lintronic devices as standalones, controlled by Beo4 or -5. I am controlling my curtains in LIGHT mode with the color buttons and the LC2s with numbers and arrow up/down. 
    For a cinema solution I have programmed a macro. Pressing FORMAT 0 let the BV7 switch to cinema mode, motor screen comes down, projector powers up (also using X10).
    My son is controlling his Samsung montor, a stb, and the Xbox using a Lintronic box.
    Everything works fine,

4- You`re welcome.

Stefan
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)