in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-14-2008 6:53 AM by joeyboygolf. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-30-2008 5:37 PM

Beosound 9000 discs "scraping" as they turn!

Hi, don't know if anyone can help, but my Beosound 9000 (2nd hand off eBay) seems to have trouble playing CD's.  Some discs will turn with a scraping sound, but others turn for a second and then stop.  Occasionally, the discs will turn slowly and the sound is distorted.

This is the same regardless of the orientation of the unit (ie. vertical or flat on the table).  I've looked at the two "key slots" on the back, but these don't seem to want to turn with the red plastic key supplied.

Am I missing something simple?  Are there some hidden transit screws that need to be undone for the mechanism to spin freely?  I checked the owner's manual, but didn't see anything regarding transit screws, however, my guess is that this seems likely!

Does anyone know if the 9000 has transit screws fitted and if so how many/where they are please?

Many thanks!

Sounds Heavenly Cables are proud to be a sponsor of the BeoWorld Forum!

• 03-30-2008 6:01 PM In reply to

Re: Beosound 9000 discs "scraping" as they turn!

Have you put the orientation settings the correct way? this can sometimes give exactly those symptoms.

• 03-30-2008 8:19 PM In reply to

When I received my 2nd hand off ebay I had the same issue. Panicked at first, then adjusted the orientation settings.

If you cant get them to move, maybe try a screwdriver rather then the plastic key.

I hope it works out for you

cheers 

JK 

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 03-31-2008 12:47 AM In reply to

• camshaft
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Pennsylvania, USA
    • Posts 575
    • Founder

It's completely broken.  I'll take it off your hands for $500 though.  Big Smile
    -Austin (resident audiophile skeptic)
  • 03-31-2008 2:47 AM In reply to

Thanks Guys,

That's really helpful!  Will try adjusting with a screwdriver, as shown in Peter's diagram (plastic key doesn't seem strong enough to turn).

Hmmm, will let you know regarding your kind offer, Austin! Big Smile

Cheers, Steve.

• 03-31-2008 3:01 AM In reply to

Just thought I'd let you all know, I've decided to upgrade my membership on beoworld.org, because everyone here is so helpful!

Only one thing I'm unsure of on the Beosound 9000 - the key slots on mine are not together at the top as shown in Peter's diagram, but one above the other in the middle of the backplate.  I assume the settings are still the same?

Thanks, Steve.

• 03-31-2008 3:22 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

The good news is, now that you are a Silver member, you can download set-up manuals etc from Here.

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 05-14-2008 5:54 AM In reply to

Hi, I've just changed position of my system from upright to flat and I'm getting this exact problem, but only some of the positions.

It just looks like the tolerance is too small - probably 0.2mm at best for the positions that work OK.  If the disk has any kind of tiny, tiny warp in it it scrapes like buggery.

Cheers

Matt 

• 05-14-2008 6:53 AM In reply to

So did you change the orientation adjusters?

It needs to be done with the carriage parked in position 1

Regards Graham

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)