in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-01-2008 11:57 AM by msissons. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-30-2008 11:05 AM

Confused [*-)] Beogram 3400 spins too slowly

I've bought my first Beogram! It's a 3400 (the earlier type 5703) without the CD4 circuit installed. Everything seems to work fine except that the table runs slow (at a guess it's about 25rpm). I've replaced the belt, tried adjusting the eddy brake (even taking out the magnets), and cleaning the switch contacts, but none of these has worked. 

The speed doesn't appear to change when the 45 switch is pressed either, it stays at the same sub-33rpm speed. I don't know if this could be related.

I've taken it all apart and everything seems to be in order - no broken parts, all the switching levers intact and correctly places. Everything spins freely as well, so basically I'm stumped! It's such a simple turntable electronically. The only parts I can think may need replacing are the 10 ohms resistor and 10nF capacitor, but looking at the circuit diagram I can't see why that would make any difference.

If anyone can shed some light on this, I'd really appreciate it!

• 04-30-2008 12:16 PM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

Re: Beogram 3400 spins too slowly

Welcome to Beoworld !

Your Beogram is in need of cleaning and lubrication of the motor bearings. It seems to spin freely - just not freely enough. It's a one-phase AC motor so it has almost no initial torque. The bearings are porous bronze, the old oil has hardened inside the pores and will need to be cleaned out and fresh oil pressed in. Vacuum and sometimes heat is best for this.

Martin

• 05-01-2008 11:57 AM In reply to

Re: Beogram 3400 spins too slowly

Thank you - I'll give it a go and report back on how I get on Smile

Matt 

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)