in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-23-2008 3:18 PM by Piaf. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-19-2008 10:47 PM

• Piaf
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-08-2007
    • Victoria, British Columbia
    • Posts 409
    • Founder

Beogram 8000 idiosyncrasies

I was gifted with an ugly but working Beogram 8000 when my own was rendered basically beyond repair by local repair shop that said they knew what they were doing. They didn’t.

I replaced my non-working 8000 innards with those from the donor and now I have a working Beogram 8000 once again and a very nice looking one as well.

However this “combination” turntable has its idiosyncrasies, although none that prevent my enjoying its use.

One thing I notice is the B&O logo at the end of the sensor arm is not illuminated during play and from memory it should be. It does however light and blink for a double play…. as it should.

I also notice that this Beogram 8000 seems to prefer to play a record twice, even when not asked to do so.

The single most important issue has is that this Beogram does not first lift the tonearm when using the fast forward or fast reverse. There is no problem with a simply play or even with using the “stop” command, where the arm lifts and returns to “home.”

However, if during play, I desire to go fast forward or reverse I MUST remember to press “Pause” before hand, or suffer the consequences.

I had asked about this previously, but did not fully comprehend what I needed to do.

So what is happening with the Beogram 8000?

Jeff

• 04-20-2008 12:00 PM In reply to

Re: Beogram 8000 idiosyncrasies

It's not much help but getting old is the problem.

Weird tendencies is typically a cry for a cap job. I learned that from my Beogram 8002.

• 04-23-2008 3:18 PM In reply to

• Piaf
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-08-2007
    • Victoria, British Columbia
    • Posts 409
    • Founder

Re: Beogram 8000 idiosyncrasies

I am sure you are right, however today, for the first time, the light came back on in the sensor arm. Big Smile

Jeff

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)