in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-27-2008 3:23 AM by Paradise. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-13-2008 4:52 PM

Avant picture problem

Hi I am back again, reported problems with loosing picture but not sound etc in previous postings. I can get the picture on the tv to stay on if I change from sat to tv very quickly when  it looses the picture. So wierd. What do you think Keith?

Was working fine again up until now?

Kharon Paradise

• 04-14-2008 3:09 AM In reply to

Re: Avant picture problem

When you say

"I can get the picture on the tv to stay on if I change from sat to tv very quickly when  it looses the picture"

Are you saying that the action of switching from one source to another makes the TV work, no matter what source you are switching too ?

Please recap on exactly what happens when the picture goes and comes back, for example when the picture goes, does it fade away or go immediately ? when the picture comes back, does it appear as a immediate clean picture ?

Regards Keith....

• 04-14-2008 6:13 PM In reply to

Hi Keith, in answer to your questions, the picture is normal and very good .The tv snaps immediately to black after a time but if I switch the remote to tv rather than sat or the other way around the picture instantly returns just as good in a snap clear as day and very good. sometimes even the changing of channels and holding the button down will work but not as good as changing to sat tv. if I don't change to tv or sat as it goes black nothing happens just stays black no matter what! Even if I switch off the tv for 5 mins, I have noticed that there are warning flicks of white broken lines on the screen, just before going black. The sound is now beginingg to go off some times too when the screen goes black.

Most annoying as my only releif from lambing sheep day and night, at present and no time to do anything about it.

regards Kharon Paradise

• 04-15-2008 4:52 PM In reply to

Happy Birthday Keith!

from a very grateful new member

Kharon Paradise

Cake

• 04-16-2008 3:22 AM In reply to

Without doing some voltage checks when the picture is "black" it is difficult to determine the cause of your problem. The fact that is is now effecting the sound as well has "thrown a spanner in the works" so to speak, so the most likely situation is that you have two faults, I would be surprised if the one fault is the cause of both problems otherwise the sound would have always gone with the picture unless we have a component tolerence issue here.

Assuming you are not a technical person meaning you cannot read a circuit diagram and take voltage measurements, then you are going to have to find a good TV repair person or get your B&O dealer to have a look at it. Let me know your situation ?

Regards Keith....

• 04-16-2008 5:15 PM In reply to

Thank you Keith, will get it checked out and let you know what happens. The sound problem seems to be our sat box broken as tried it on friends tv .

regards Kharon Paradise

• 04-17-2008 3:05 AM In reply to

Well, is good you found out about the SAT box, so you had two faults.

From your answer I am assuming you are going to get your local B&O dealer to look at the AVANT ?

Regards Keith....

• 04-22-2008 6:27 PM In reply to

hi Keith, will get a freind to look at it he is a sparky who knows a bit about tv's and I have shown him you posts and he says he knows what to do. Will need to finish lambing first , only anothr 17 to go sleep coming soon.

regarsd Kharon Paradise

• 04-27-2008 3:23 AM In reply to

Hi Keith,

I live in Herefordshire, do you know of a good tv repairer near by?  Don't really want to take it to B&O dealership.

Regards Kharon.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)