in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-20-2010 6:55 AM by Stefan Zueger. 16 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (17 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-13-2010 6:56 PM

• kaz986
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-13-2010
    • Posts 9
    • Bronze Member

beoconnect connection problems

Hi;

I just got my Beomaster and Beosound installed today. The B&O guys had no experience with mac users.The Beomaster is connected to the internet thru ethernet cable connected to my apple base station and it is working. My imac is connected wireless to the same base station and when i try to connect to the beomaster via beoconnect i get a connection for about 10-15 min then i get disconnected and can only get connected after rebooting the beomaster. also when i am connected to the beomaster i can not transfer my itunes albums to the BM if i try i get immediate disconnection!

can someone help please?

thanks

F.kazem

netherlands

• 02-15-2010 7:47 AM In reply to

Re: beoconnect connection problems

Maybe is it because B&O products are designed to work with windows software

So you must run Windows on your mac,then it will work i think,but with MacOs not...

• 02-15-2010 8:02 AM In reply to

• kaz986
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-13-2010
    • Posts 9
    • Bronze Member

thanks for your thoghts. I did try to connect thru windows( i have windows installed on my mac) but the same happened here as well. I also found out that when the beomaster is in standby( ie when i am not using it) it does not allow me to connect but when i turn the radio on the lights on the master go on green and i am connected but again i am denied acces to the HDD of the beomaster so that i can not copy my itunes songs. and it says that acces is denied because of not enogh privilege. so i think that the problem is on the config side of the beomaster. so does anybody know what the right config is on the beomaster side?please advise. thanks.

• 02-15-2010 8:15 AM In reply to

I would assume you have got several different issues to resolve.

Can you please specify

• what model of Beomaster and Beosound you are using
    • what kind of "apple base station" you are using.
    • the Mac OSX version you are running on your Mac
    • the Windows Version you are running on your Mac
    • if you run Windows natively (on a bootcamp partition) or virtually
    • if you run Windows virtually, what virtualization product you are using
    Have you tried connecting the Mac to the "base station" using an Ethernet cable as well? I would assume this would be your connection of choice anyway should you want to upload iTunes music to the Beomaster.

• 02-15-2010 8:27 AM In reply to

• kaz986
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-13-2010
    • Posts 9
    • Bronze Member

ok: I am using apple base station extreme;my apple os is os 10.6.2 on imac core2 2.8GHZ; windows is on parallels( virtual) 5.0( most recent) windows is windows 7.

I did not try to connect the mac directly to the base station by ethernet yet.

please advise.

thanks

• 02-15-2010 8:57 AM In reply to

I do not own a Beomaster 5, so my assistance is limited to as I regard the Beomaster 5 as a server which behaves oddly towards connections.

I would first try to attack the connection drop problems. To this aim, I would recommend setting the Beomaster 5 to a static IP-adress instead of a variable one.

Also, I would try to connect the Mac via a cable to the Airport Extreme just so that we can exclude WiFi irregularities to be part of the problem.

• 02-15-2010 9:05 AM In reply to

• kaz986
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-13-2010
    • Posts 9
    • Bronze Member

the ip adres i use is a static one that i assigned the beomaster5 is connected to the basestation via ethernet and has internet acces( that is working fine) so there is nmusic and web acces. my imac is connected to the basesation by wireless. I will try to connect by ethernet as you suggested.

thanks

• 02-15-2010 9:36 AM In reply to

Would you be so kind to write down for me the

• static IP-address of the Beomaster (for example 192.168.3.10)
    • Network mask of your network (for example 255.255.255.0)
    • static IP-address of your Airport Express (for example 192.168.3.1)

Also, please check with your Airport Express that the subnet range of dynamic addresses does not overlap with the range for static addresses. Example:

Airport Express: 192.168.3.1
    Subnet Range for static addresses: 192.168.3.2. - 192.168.3.49
    Subnet Range for dynamic addresses: 192.168.3.50 - 192.168.3.255 

By checking this we make sure that the static address of the Beomaster is not "stolen" or conflicted by a dynamic device joining the network at a later time.

While you do that, could you please check with your Airport Express base station what the lease time of a dynamic IP address (handed out by the DHCP server functionality) is? The lease time defines the duration of validity of a dynamic IP address once it has been handed out by the DHCP server. One tends to give rather short lease times on a Wireless network to make sure intruders cannot remain long on the network, but I would recommend for test reasons to set the lease time at least at the value of 24 hrs.

Question: Do you have more documentation for the Beomaster than just the standard user's guide? I would like to have a look at it to find out about the privilege problem. I think I have the solution for Windows 7, but I would be interested to resolve it for OSX.

• 02-15-2010 9:51 AM In reply to

• kaz986
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-13-2010
    • Posts 9
    • Bronze Member

I tried the ethernet option but again iwas not allowed to log in.

i do no use dhcp i use static ip adres.

hope you can help.

thanks

• 02-15-2010 10:04 AM In reply to

Are you using static IP address for your Macintosh connected via Wireless LAN as well?

Also, I understand that you are not allowed in - but we wanted to look at the connection drop problem first. So if I understood you right, the connection should survive for more than 15 mins.

Now, with regards to the login problem, please do kindly try the following:

Go to your Windows 7 implementation running in Parallels Desktop V5.

Make sure the network connection is bridged, not shared.

Open the command console (Start / type cmd in the Search programs box / hit Enter).

write PING plus the Beomaster's IP-address (e.g. ping 192.168.3.15) and hit Enter.

The program will now ping the Beomaster and supply back a delay time of anything between 10 and 200 ms.

Tell me if that worked for you.

• 02-15-2010 10:06 AM In reply to

• kaz986
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-13-2010
    • Posts 9
    • Bronze Member

yes that is right. also i do not have any other documentation than the brief one B&O supply.

thanks

• 02-15-2010 10:09 AM In reply to

Now, with regards to the login problem, please do kindly try the following:

Go to your Windows 7 implementation running in Parallels Desktop V5.

Make sure the network connection is bridged, not shared.

Open the command console (Start / type cmd in the Search programs box / hit Enter).

write PING plus the Beomaster's IP-address (e.g. ping 192.168.3.15) and hit Enter.

The program will now ping the Beomaster and supply back a delay time of anything between 10 and 200 ms.

Tell me if that worked for you.

• 02-15-2010 5:09 PM In reply to

• kaz986
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-13-2010
    • Posts 9
    • Bronze Member

Hi

I am back i did the ping test: 4 packages sent 4 received no loss

min: 5ms max: 881msec average:380ms

hope to hear from you again;

thanks

• 02-16-2010 9:52 AM In reply to

Great, now I would like you to do exactly the same, but not limited to ten pings:

1) Go to your Windows 7 implementation running in Parallels Desktop V5. Make sure the network connection is bridged, not shared.

2) Open the command console (Start / type cmd in the Search programs box / hit Enter).

3) write PING plus the Beomaster's IP-address PLUS the parameter -t, pipe it into a file, e.g. myping.txt and hit Enter.
    This would look for example like this: ping 192.168.3.15 -t > c:\myping.txt You will notice that nothing happens - which is not true: The ping command is running until you decide to stop it using Ctrl-C, and the results are not displayed on the screen, but are redirected into a file called myping.txt which will be created in the root directory of your startup drive.

4) Leave this ping running for at least 30 minutes, then interrupt with Ctrl-C, open the file and look out for irregularities. You may also send me the file via private message if you want.

(I hope I do not bore you with these detailed instructions but I want to make absolutely sure that the IP link is ok. Also, I do it from Windows, because if it works from the Parallels VM also the Mac's base IP socket connections will be ok.)

• 02-16-2010 1:47 PM In reply to

• kaz986
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-13-2010
    • Posts 9
    • Bronze Member

Hi stefan;

I tried the ping -t command but i keep on getting acces denied!

hope to hear from you again;

thanks

• 02-17-2010 4:02 PM In reply to

• kaz986
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-13-2010
    • Posts 9
    • Bronze Member

OK after trying many things i finally have the answer: Beoconnect does not work and needs an update soon!! meanwhile i can connect to the beomaster thru:

1) connect to server

2)smb://ip adres of beomaster5

3) type in the window for verification: name:beomaster5\BM-USER

passw: your assigned password.

4) connect and voila you are in and will see the hdd icon on the desktop with all subfolders; copy your itunes library to music folder.

hope this will help other mac users.

thanks

• 02-20-2010 6:55 AM In reply to

Hi Kaz

Good work! I am glad this worked out for you!

Best regards, Stefan

Page 1 of 1 (17 items)