in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-09-2007 3:07 AM by SWISS_2. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-08-2007 3:43 AM

• ChrDH
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Denmark
    • Posts 493
    • Founder

What equipment will work with N.Radio and N.Music??

Hi

I know that all the new equipment (BS3200, BS4, BC3) will connect with the Beoport, but I remember someone on the old forum who convinced his old Avant to use N.Radio and N.Music. Does anyone else got some experience with using N.Music with for instance an Ouverture?

Best regards

Chr.

Beosound Ouverture, Beocenter 9000, Beovision MX6000, Beocord VX7000
  • 05-08-2007 4:17 AM In reply to

Re: What equipment will work with N.Radio and N.Music??

ChrDH:

Hi

I know that all the new equipment (BS3200, BS4, BC3) will connect with the Beoport, but I remember someone on the old forum who convinced his old Avant to use N.Radio and N.Music. Does anyone else got some experience with using N.Music with for instance an Ouverture?

Best regards

Chr.

I can say for sure the BS Ouverture is not compatible with Beoport or its predecessors (of both items).
    Sorry.

What I do know is that the Beoport can act as a master audio source.
    But N.Music and N.Radio have to be controlled directly on the PC or Mac.
    Not sure how to connect an Avant to Beoport though. Maybe through ML?
  • 05-08-2007 4:57 AM In reply to

• Bart
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Netherlands
    • Posts 128
    • Bronze Member

Well, it should work with an Avant and a PC2/Beoport but in my case it doesn't! As far as I know it is possible to set up a videomaster (Avant, BV7 etc) with the Beoport as a audiomaster, connected via ML. For sure it won't work in a link-room, but as I can't get any sound out of it I'm not sure whether you get sound from the Avant or from the PL-plugs on the Beoport. And possibly you need an IR-eye on your Beoport for remote control. But it has been reported working!

BS3000 and BS9000 will work, although the elder versions might/will need a s/w upgrade. Ouverture, BS2300 and BS2500 have not been reported working, with or without 1611 convertor.

Bart

• 05-09-2007 3:07 AM In reply to

• SWISS_2
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Neuchatel, Suisse
    • Posts 552
    • Gold Member

Newer equipment ?   The BS 3200 I use with Beoport is now 4 + years old.

I was in Danemark with B & O and was asked if I knew that the Beosound 3200 was " a twenty-five year old design. "  I replied that I did not, but I was very happy with the unit especially with the Beoport capabilities and N.RADIO in particular.

This was in 2006. I have the suspicion that I was hearing a subtle eulogy in favour of the new BS 4.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)