in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-23-2008 1:22 AM by soundproof. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-23-2008 12:12 AM

Good Vintage Stores in Denmark?

Hello again, all!

Someone with whom I'm very close is going to be spending 5 days in Copenhagen this weekend, and I've heard some of you discuss the relative ease of finding rare or interesting B&O pieces in vintage stores, thrift stores, etc.  I doubt he'll be straying too far from Copenhagen (& unfortunately not to Struer -- which would make me ultra-jealous, anyway), so do any of you locals have any suggestions of either stores to visit or good areas of town to sift through?  

A few things, though: he's probably not going to front me a ton of cash for something ultra expensive, so I'm hoping to hear of places where one can find a good "bargain."  Also, he's not going to carry back on an airplane a pair of Pentas or anything, so maybe a place where smaller things are found (e.g. receivers, headphones, turntables, and/or smaller speakers).

Anybody have any suggestions?  I'd certainly appreciate them, and I will forward them to him immediately.  Thanks so much, everyone!

Best,

Aaron 

• 04-23-2008 12:32 AM In reply to

Re: Good Vintage Stores in Denmark?

www.bbuy.dk - store with items from the 90s to today. Look up their selection on the web. (Ahem, they ship ...)

Make searches for specific products you're interested in at www.dba.dk - it's an internet Craig's List. If you find something you're keen on, get in touch with the seller and arrange for your friend to pick it up ... ? I have found some nice things through dba.dk, including a Beogram 4000.

At the corner of Gothersgade and Kronprinsessegade, where it says Turbinehallerne on this map, there's a nice basement store with old record players, the occasional mint Beolit and mountains of classic amp's. 60s-late 80s. (Note, not at the blue dot, but where it says Turbinehallerne, just at the corner.)

• 04-23-2008 12:52 AM In reply to

Thanks a bunch!

I've given him those locations (bbuy, that basement store), and hopefully I'll get a shiny new (vintage) present when he comes back!

. . . . and any other locals, please feel free to share your favorite local stores for a Yank who, I swear, won't keep coming back to deplete the stores of their bargain finds  

• 04-23-2008 1:22 AM In reply to

If there's no one in the basement store (Turbinehallerne), then have your friend check in the vinyl store next door. The owner of the vintage store likes to hang there.

Address to Best Buy, it's inside Copenhagen - walking distance from the City Hall square: Best Buy  -  Gl. Kongevej 132  -  1850 Frederiksberg C

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)