in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-05-2007 4:09 PM by Ian. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-05-2007 3:15 PM

• Calvin
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • London
    • Posts 233
    • Bronze Member

Oh right... my mistake...

Earlier today, I was in B&O High Street Kennsington (in London). Anyway, as some may know, it's within a few hundred yards of the tube station and so innitially I was unsuprised when I heard a loud sound of a tube train passing underground. I queried though, why they'd chosen to have an audio shop when you could be interupted by passing trains. I was informed that what I'd heard (and felt!) was in fact the sound of a passing train in a movie in their listening room. Quite embarassing for me, although I was certainly left suitably impressed. I couldn't help but wonder though how annoyed the neighbouring shops must have been. I can't help wonder what it's like trying to sell expensive shoes and the like when you're occasionally interupted by explosions, hurricanes and x-wing fighters from time to time
  • 05-05-2007 3:38 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Re: Oh right... my mistake...

That's one thing the B&O surround sound systems give you far more of than other systems I've heard - serious punch...

BeoLab 5s are obviously the best for this. Having seen quite a lot of movies etc... with the BeoLab 5s, there is absolutely nothing which even touches them in terms of really making you jump out of your seat!

Weekly top artists:                   

• 05-05-2007 4:09 PM In reply to

• Ian
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • UK
    • Posts 132
    • Founder

Re: Oh right... my mistake...

The Geiser (?) scene in Ice Age 2 is pretty amazing through a BV9 / BL5 + 4x BL3's.

Ian 

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)