in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-31-2008 11:25 PM by beobuff. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-26-2008 11:31 PM

BV7-40 MkIII Channel Display

I recently had the SW in my US market BV7-40 upgraded to version 4.12. One peculiarity after the upgrade is that the right side channel display for the ATSC tuner appears only when the DTV function is first activated. After ~10 seconds, the channel display disappears and does not return when the channel is changed. The volume level indication functions normally. Also, there is also an on-screen channel display in the upper right corner which I don't recall having seen before the upgrade, although my memory could be faulty on this point. Is there a software switch to select channel display either on-screen or off-screen, or is this just a bug in the 4.12 software version? I should perhaps also mention that the NTSC channel display works properly; it is only the ATSC display that disappears.
  • 03-27-2008 4:03 AM In reply to

Re: BV7-40 MkIII Channel Display

I don't know the answer to your question, but my best guess is that the software upgrade has introduced the problem. I suggest you call the dealer back who did the software update.

Regards Keith....

• 03-27-2008 4:17 AM In reply to

After update to 4.12  (from 3.5) my 7-40 MKIII doesn't recognize the different picture formats anymore. Also the picture quality is less then before. My dealer will downgrade the software again

rgds

• 03-27-2008 9:32 AM In reply to

• Doc
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 585
    • Bronze Member

Or wait for SW version 4.2 ?                  (or is that going to be a long wait?)
  • 03-30-2008 9:47 PM In reply to

beobuff:
    I recently had the SW in my US market BV7-40 upgraded to version 4.12. One peculiarity after the upgrade is that the right side channel display for the ATSC tuner appears only when the DTV function is first activated. After ~10 seconds, the channel display disappears and does not return when the channel is changed. The volume level indication functions normally. Also, there is also an on-screen channel display in the upper right corner which I don't recall having seen before the upgrade, although my memory could be faulty on this point. Is there a software switch to select channel display either on-screen or off-screen, or is this just a bug in the 4.12 software version? I should perhaps also mention that the NTSC channel display works properly; it is only the ATSC display that disappears.

I have an US (North America) Beovision-7 with the original software (3.1) and it exhibits exactly the same behaviour. So, your set probably did the same before and you never noticed it. So, the behaviour is normal

Best regards,

Jean

P.S. It would be interesting to post here the list of bug fixes and enhanced functionality that each software upgrade mentioned here is adding (3.5, 4.0, 4.12, etc).

• 03-31-2008 11:25 PM In reply to

Yes, you are quite right; a friend using SW 3.3 confirmed the same behaviour, so I clearly just didn't notice it before the 4.12 upgrade -- I had had the BV7 in house only a few days before it was upgraded. However, I have since found a useful work-around: it is possible to recall the digital channel display by pressing the DTV button on Beo4. This also works on other inputs such as [analogue] TV. However, it would be nice if one could also recall the channel display by pressing GO or when using CHANNEL UP/DOWN, as one can with the TV input, if only for the sake of consistency.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)