in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-06-2007 11:27 AM by soundproof. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-06-2007 11:16 AM

BL5 - Questions

Hi there,

About to buy myself a pair of BL5s and have a few questions.

1. Is there a problem using the digital output of my of my Sony DVD-player?

2. Can I use the B&O remote to control the volum?

3. Is there a delay possibility (my DVD-player goes through a videoprocessor and then to my projector. There is a delay in video, I would like to delay the sound to sync with the picture)?

4.  Are there changes done to the speakers. Is it a upgrade I should wait for?

5. Does the speakers come with the Beo4 remote?

Thank you!

Claus

• 05-06-2007 11:27 AM In reply to

Re: BL5 - Questions

1. No Problem. The Beolab 5 has a digital input.

2. Yes. Why not either join here as a silver or gold member - all the user and service manuals are on as well as a selection of reviews - or download the user manual from the official site. It tells you how to connect the speakers to a non B&O set up. 

3. Not that I am aware of. The Beolab 5s has a sync function but that is so they both  play at the same volume in a non B&O set up. I imagine this should be done at the video processor.

4. No upgrades coming that I am aware of. If you are buying new they will be the latest software. If secondhand, make sure they are software  2.5 or greater. If less than this, you will possibly have problems with non B&O equipment and volume balance.

5. No. Though I dare say they will throw one in if you ask nicely! Laughing

• 05-06-2007 11:27 AM In reply to

Re: BL5 - Questions

ClausOslo:

Hi there,

About to buy myself a pair of BL5s and have a few questions.

1. Is there a problem using the digital output of my of my Sony DVD-player? If the output is S/PDIF (not Toslink optical) then you have no problem. If it's Toslink, then you have to convert it to S/PDIF.

2. Can I use the B&O remote to control the volum? Yes - and make sure your dealer supplies you with the right sync cable (minijack stereo) to help you synchronize the speakers, so they are at the same volume.

3. Is there a delay possibility (my DVD-player goes through a videoprocessor and then to my projector. There is a delay in video, I would like to delay the sound to sync with the picture)? That's trickier, depends on where in the chain your sound output is, relative to the video. Would need to know specifics about setup to answer that.

4.  Are there changes done to the speakers. Is it a upgrade I should wait for? Not that I'm aware of.

5. Does the speakers come with the Beo4 remote? I'm sure you can negotiate that.

Thank you!

Claus

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)