in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-24-2008 10:46 AM by Robert. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-24-2008 4:52 AM

• Hughie
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Walton-On-Thames
    • Posts 38
    • Bronze Member

Wii & BV5

I have a first generation BV5 which is great but have just bought a Wii and am a little worried about 'screen burn in' from stationary images/patterns (the Wii has a screen burn-in reduction feature).  Can anyone here help me with this? is it something to worry about? or is it only when being used for long periods of time e.g. several hours of play?

Thanks in advance, Hughie

Filed under:
  • 03-24-2008 10:12 AM In reply to

• Robert
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-13-2007
    • Northern Ireland
    • Posts 362
    • Gold Member

Re: Wii & BV5

I personally wouldn't be too worried. So long as you're vigilant and don't, say,  leave the Wii switched on at a menu screen for a long time, it shouldn't be a problem. Probably best to turn on the Wii's screen burn-in reducton feature. It really needs a stationary image for a long time to suffer screen burn in (eg channel logos).

Yes screen burn in is a problem with earlier plasmas, but if you're careful you should be ok. You could always get a small (26in?) LCD for playing the Wii, if you get concerned about your BV 5 suffering burn in. I'm planning on getting a BV 8 which will have my Wii connected, and as far as I know, LCD's dont suffer burn in, so that may be a better option.

Robert.

• 03-24-2008 10:38 AM In reply to

• Hughie
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Walton-On-Thames
    • Posts 38
    • Bronze Member

hello robert

thanks for the reply, its pretty much what i had heard already, have activated the wii safety burn-in feature and the kids are loving it already

cheers, hughie

• 03-24-2008 10:42 AM In reply to

don't forget to use component cables if at all possible , that sharpens up the wii's picture quite a bit and improves the colour handling

maybe add a ps3 while you're at it - your kids would love rachet and clank , believe me ! :) it'll also look staggering on a superb tv like th 5

popgear is grate™

• 03-24-2008 10:43 AM In reply to

• Robert
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-13-2007
    • Northern Ireland
    • Posts 362
    • Gold Member

So long as the kids know not to leave the Wii turned on and the BV 5 turned on, you'll be ok. Great console isn't it, I have so much fun playing it. My brothers both have XBOX 360's, which are also very good, but I prefer my Wii.

Enjoy your Wii/BV 5 combo,

Robert. 

• 03-24-2008 10:46 AM In reply to

• Robert
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-13-2007
    • Northern Ireland
    • Posts 362
    • Gold Member

Flappo The Grate:

don't forget to use component cables if at all possible

Yes, I can also recommend the Wii component cable, I currenly use one and it definitely provides a much sharper image on my LCD than the standard composite connection. Or else you could go for an RGB Scart, Nintendo provide offical versions of both, and not all that dear either. A worthwhile upgrade.

Robert. 

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)