in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-17-2008 1:20 PM by OKF. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-11-2008 9:33 AM

• OKF
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-22-2008
    • Posts 204
    • Bronze Member

my Beo5 arrived and now I also need help programming it properly

Hi @ all

it was preprogrammed but I must say it was not don the way I was expecting it and it was not done the way it should have been done. I guess there will be so many questions that I have but lets start with 2 maybe easy ones where I could not fand any hints by searching the threds here.

1. How do I programm TV channels. I do not know the IR commands to put in. I tried hard but never got anywhere. I would be please if someone could give me specific instructions because I do not know anything about XML etc.

2. I have in another room a VX7000 and STB connected. When I access it in the main room I used to push the button on my beo4 e.g. DTV and the thing worked but the sound came out of the front speker of my BV7 (7-40) only so I used the LIST fnktion went to AV and pushed DTV so the stereo signal is carried down to my BV7 and after this I push LIST again and goto SPEAKER and push 3 to have the stereo with the center speaker.

I have tried some workarounds with the beo5 based on the dealer configuration which suggest to go LINK first the V.MEM then Link AV then V.MEM  etc. which I find very complicated and I think there should be another way of doing it.

Howeve to test the Stereo function meaning to reproduce the LIST - AV - V.MEM and LIST - SPEAKER - 3 I tried the following command in the beo5:

under V.MEM -> AV -> Link... -> V.MEM I inserted after the first command done by the dealer two more:

1:000:RADIO:VTR (the RADIO was put in by the dealer?)

1:000:ALL:SOUND (I used the ALL?)

1:000:ALL:CIFFER_3 (I used the ALL?)

I have all speakers running now but I do not know whether it is just SPEAKER3 or whether it is Stereo plus SPEAKER3 which I want to achieve?

Thanks & regards

Oliver

Best regards Oliver

• 03-12-2008 8:24 PM In reply to

• OKF
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-22-2008
    • Posts 204
    • Bronze Member

Re: my Beo5 arrived and now I also need help programming it properly

Thanks for no answers/help (very unusual for a specialized forum). I helped myself and sorted both problems myself...

Best regards Oliver

• 03-13-2008 2:46 AM In reply to

I am sorry - I didn't see your original post. There is a new version of the software due out any time which is more stable. Have you explored the help files - I find them very helpful and also have a look at Keith's files which are very informative.

One reason you will get few answers is that not that many people are programming the Beo5 themselves as the software has bugs. I don't as  i use Macs which are not supported!! 

• 03-13-2008 3:36 AM In reply to

OKF:
    Thanks for no answers/help (very unusual for a specialized forum). I helped myself and sorted both problems myself...
    Calm down please and give us a chance here!!!!!!!
  • 03-14-2008 1:35 PM In reply to

• OKF
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-22-2008
    • Posts 204
    • Bronze Member

OT start

well, if somebody posts a problem here he does not neccessary get a reply. If he moans about the board because of the mentioned reason, replys are quick...think about it...

However, a forum lives from users posting and supporting. Especially difficult difficult questions need answering as this is good for the quaöity of the board. This is what lacks this board from..

OT end

A lot of people seem to program their beo5 themselves as the 'dealer-result' is not appropriate. Whether teh software is bad or nor cannot stop anybody from programming the ting. I do not quite  understand that logic.

Best regards Oliver

• 03-14-2008 1:42 PM In reply to

I think you have misunderstood me - I meant that not many people are actually programming the Beo5 themselves as they find it doesn;t work. Hopefully the new software, now out, can help.

I think this forum offers a usually very quick response and answers many queries. Have you found a quicker B&O forum?  

• 03-14-2008 2:01 PM In reply to

OKF,

Have a look at the Beo5 pages HERE

Regards Keith....

• 03-17-2008 1:20 PM In reply to

• OKF
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-22-2008
    • Posts 204
    • Bronze Member

Thanks Keith, I have looked at it but could not find anything that would be of specific help to me. As I said I worked it out in long hours myself and then found that my dealer started with the wrong OPTION Numbers. Now I find it relatively easy to programm it. Also I have the Busch Jäger Panel running without any problem. The new software will have that included as well as the lutron stuff, which may make the one or te other command easier to use but the beo5 needs new programming with the new software.

Whoever has questions regarding my described problems, let me know, I will help. Also when it comes to the BJ Panel I should be able to give help.

Best regards Oliver

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)