in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-01-2008 7:16 AM by karcenty. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-01-2008 3:09 AM

linking question

Hi all.

In this weekend I am going to get my new Beovision 4. The BS4 will be placed in my living room and I will connect a sat receiver and a V6000 to the BV4(BS3). I already have a Beocenter 1 placed in my bedroom. My problem is: I want to be able to operate the radio and DVD in my BC1 and the sat receiver and V6000 connected to BV4, from BOTH rooms. BV4 and BC1 will off course be linked together with Masterlink.  Will that be possible and how ?

Karcenty 

• 03-01-2008 3:21 AM In reply to

Re: linking question

Tricky! One of the TVs will need to be the master and the other the slave. You can only access master sources in other rooms, not slave sources. Obviously you can use the Sat receiver as a radio source so the bit you are going to miss is the DVD. I would suggest that you need another DVD player - to be frank, using the DVD player via Masterlink and a co-axial cable on a BV4 would not be my choice anyway. I would consider a third party Blu-ray player and the use of the DVD controller. I don't know if any work with this yet - there could be a good argument to buying a cheap Panasonic player and waiting for some more choice to emerge.
  • 03-01-2008 7:16 AM In reply to

Re: linking question

Thank you for your quick and good answer, Peter. I have just sold my BC1 and removed the problem !

I will follow your advice and find a cheap solution until Blu-ray is available.

Karcenty 

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)