in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-24-2008 11:41 AM by Russ. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-24-2008 11:24 AM

• magnushj
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-16-2007
    • Trondheim, Norway
    • Posts 139
    • Silver Member

Beolab Penta, how to remove covers?

I would like to remove the textile covers in front of the elements so that i can inspect the element surrounds for rot. Is there some special method to remove them? They don't seem to just pop out like regular covers.
    Beocenter 9500+Beolab Penta mk2+Avant+MX7000+Beosound Ouverture+1xBeolab 6000 :)
  • 02-24-2008 11:41 AM In reply to

• Russ
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-07-2007
    • Washington, DC USA
    • Posts 641
    • Bronze Member

Re: Beolab Penta, how to remove covers?

You're right, they don't pop off like many of the others.  This will take a bit of patience, but it isn't too hard. 

Russ your hand down the side/edge of the grills and you will feel a series of openings (6-8 total I think, but don't quote me, you'll definitely feel them).  You will have tp push a finger into each opening to release a plastic tab which is captured in the opening.  As you press into the opening, you will want to slide the grill forward to prevent it from recapturing the tab as you move along to the next opening. 

Take your time, and remember that you can always replace the grille when you order new drivers.  Embarrassed

Russ

We kid because we love.

Bang & Olufsen Tysons Galleria

McLean, VA USA

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)