in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-28-2008 5:22 PM by timhanna. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-24-2007 11:32 AM

B&O compatible with any DVD recorder? maybe here...

I have an Avant with VCR 32" and bought at the time a new multi-region DVD1 that I have enjoyed.

However the need to record on DVD soon emerged and tired to wait for B&O to come with something I bought a Sony RDR HX 725 (160 megs HD bla bla...). However I soon discovered it was impossible to have connected Avant, sky box and the dvd recorder for the Avant (I was told in this very forum) send a signal via scart and so the DVD recorder was "blind"

So one connects the sky box to the dvd recorder and the dvd recorder to the avant. Job done. It works but now I am back to 3 controls instead of the trusty Beo4

until now

http://shop.oneremote.dk/catalog/index.php?cPath=26_27

I have found this company and I intend to order the scart cable (easy install) anytime soon.

Has anyone of you used / knows this firm?

Having read the reviews here of the DVD 2 I am _not_ to buy one...

RR

• 09-24-2007 1:32 PM In reply to

Re: B&O compatible with any DVD recorder? maybe here...

Hi!

Your Sony DVD/HDR recorder is compatible with the DVD controller from B&O, so I think this is the best & cheapest option for you. You can buy this from any B&O dealer and enjoy controlling it with your Beo4!

Reunion Island is greeting you!

• 09-24-2007 1:39 PM In reply to

Agree. I use a DVD controller to work a Panasonic DVD-R and it is pretty good. B&O dealers do not talk about it though!! You have to ask!
  • 09-25-2007 7:14 AM In reply to

• Trucker
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 04-22-2007
    • Denmark
    • Posts 33
    • Founder

Very interesting.

I want to buy the new SAMSUNG Blue Ray player, can control it with Beo 4 when I add a DVD controller from B&O.

thanks in advance.

Trucker

• 09-25-2007 8:40 AM In reply to

Not very likely as the device is unlikely to be on the list of supported hardware. Philips devices are far more likely to work as they have kept much the same codes for many years as have Panasonic and Sony. Thus the codes for one device will often work another device from the same company. I don't know about Samsung.
  • 09-25-2007 8:58 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Ooer i wasn't aware of these cables, what a clever idea! Looks like a much cheaper and more simple alternative to a lintronic system! ($240 versus $440!) I'll have to ask our dealer if this cable's available in Australia.

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 09-25-2007 3:47 PM In reply to

• Max
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Devon
    • Posts 64
    • Founder

It might be worth checking which devices can be uploaded on the TV as STBs. I can now control my Panasonic DVD Player/Recorder using the STB-C via one of the IR transmitter cables on the BeoSystem 3 after it was updated with newer firmware and a revised STB list.

It's not perfect but most of the main controls work, as Peter suggests Panasonic must use the same codes for many products, mine is a 5 year old DMR-HS2 being controlled as a DMR-EX150 and £39 was a cheaper alternative.

My B&O is in my Bio.

• 09-25-2007 8:56 PM In reply to

if you have a fairly static system without a lot of changes in mind, the B&O DVD controller will work fine assuming your unit is supported. I used Oneremote for my sat receiver and it worked great, but the problem is when you decide to get another unit or in my case going from SAT to cable, you need to buy a new oneremote product. This is where the lintronic box comes in to the picture, and this is what I am using now. It controls my cable box, my PC (and my DVD when I upgrade my DVD to one that is not supported directly by B&O). So if you have multiple products that need to be controlled and/or you are changing a lot, the lintronic product is very cost efficient.

• 01-22-2008 7:12 PM In reply to

Hi guys, this is my first post :)

This sunday, I will have a B&O Avant 28 RF VCR. From what ive read i cant use the DVD2 properly with it due to the avant being a vcr model.

Regardless of that, im not sure if i wanted a dvd2 anyway. You guys say that most Sony, Philips and Panasonic DVD Recorders are compatible directly from the beo4 (DVD version) controller. Is there a list of the dvd players? Id hate to go out to the shops and buy one that doesnt work and will need the lintronic solution.

If i did press the RECORD button, would this fire off the VCR recorder or the DVD Recorder's? 

Can anyone advise?

Thanks loads,

Tim

• 01-23-2008 4:13 AM In reply to

Trucker:

Very interesting.

I want to buy the new SAMSUNG Blue Ray player, can control it with Beo 4 when I add a DVD controller from B&O.

thanks in advance.

Trucker

Yes samsung, sony and panasonic Blue Ray is there 

• 01-28-2008 5:22 PM In reply to

- sorry wrong thread -
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)