in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-23-2008 8:56 AM by sajpratty. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-14-2008 6:22 PM

Beogram 1000 - Up to speed, sort of...

Hi there,

I have  just combined two broken 1000's into one, and all is now working fine except that the turntable takes a while to get up to running speed. Once it's warmed up, it works flawlessly but after an hour or so it requires a warm up again.

Is this the motor problem (grease?) or does it have something to do with the "axial centrifugal regulator"?

Andrew 

• 02-14-2008 6:25 PM In reply to

Re: Beogram 1000 - Up to speed, sort of...

It will be the motor which needs stripping down. Mine does the same!
  • 02-23-2008 8:56 AM In reply to

Re: Beogram 1000 - Up to speed, sort of...

Hi Andrew,

My "round motor" Beogram used to do exactly the same - until yesterday evening. It used to take a warm-up before it reached speed or achieved enough torque to pull the record round under the drag of a record cleaner. Warmed up, the table took several turns to come to rest - just enough to lift the record, flip it over, and pop it back on.

I opened it up last night to check a reply I was making on another thread here, and took the opportunity to fit a new belt. Just this simple change has now got the table turning at correct speed in less than one rev and it laughs at a Parostatik; it also now comes to rest after one rev. Way less hassle than stripping down the motor, worth trying first.

Cheers, Steve 

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)