in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-03-2007 6:09 PM by Jandyt. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-03-2007 9:05 AM

• Christian
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Copenhagen, Denmark
    • Posts 626
    • Bronze Member

News about B&O: Will develop integration between mobile phone and household mediacenter.

From jp.dk:  (Sorry for the Danish)

B&O vil være førende med mobiltelefoni

Af JESPER OLESEN

Offentliggjort 03.07.07 kl. 12:32

Med millioner i økonomisk støtte fra Højteknologifonden vil Bang & Olufsen sammen med danske forskere skabe et nyt mobiltelefonkoncept.

Det nye mobiltelefonkoncept skal sikre netadgang til familiens billeder, film og musik, uanset om man befinder i bilen, på båden, i sommerhus eller et hotel et andet sted på kloden.

Forskningsprojektet har fået navnet “Mobile Home Center" og gennemføres i samarbejde med Alexandra Instituttet, Arkitektskolen Aarhus og forskere fra Datalogisk Institut på Aarhus Universitet.

Bidrag fra fond

Projektet har et samlet budget på 20 millioner kroner, hvor Højteknologifonden netop har besluttet at bidrage med halvdelen.

"Vi vil skabe en oplevelse af, at dit hjem er der, hvor du er. Hvis du for eksempel går glip af din søns skolekoncert, fordi du er ude og rejse, så kan din familie lægge en videooptagelse i hjemmearkivet, så du kan se den via dit mobile home center. Eller når du kører din bil i garage, vil den automatisk blive opdateret med de nyeste medier, f.eks. e-bøger eller musik fra dit hjemmearkiv, så du kan nyde disse på turen dagen efter," siger Kaj Grønbæk, professor i datalogi ved Aarhus Universitet og fortsætter:

"Den tekniske side af projektet handler om interaktionsdesign samt sikker og robust infrastruktur. Systemet skal kunne tilpasse sig de båndbredder og platforme, der er tilgængelige. Eksempelvis skal systemet ikke hente en film i HD-kvalitet, når der kun er en 2,5 tommer skærm til rådighed."

I front med nyt koncept

Hos Bang & Olufsen er senior manager for innovation Christopher D. Sorensen sikker på, at million-bevillingen fra Højteknologifonden vil være med til at sikre, at Bang & Olufsen - og dermed Danmark - kan være med i front inden for udviklingen af helt nye mobiltelefonkoncepter.

"Globalt set er der hård konkurrence om at udvikle nye brugervenlige koncepter baseret på mobiltelefonen. Bevillingen til dette udviklingsprojekt vil være med til at sikre, at vi kan være med helt fremme og sætte nogle solide fodaftryk på udviklingen," vurderer Christopher D. Sorensen.

Han mener samtidig, at Bang & Olufsen som virksomhed vil få åbnet nye døre med konceptet:

"Jeg tror på, at vi vil finde nye kompetencer og markere os på nye områder. Bang & Olufsen er jo verdenskendt for at give folk unikke oplevelser med produkterne hjemme i stuen. Med Mobile Home Center-konceptet er vores ambition at kunne give samme unikke oplevelse via bærbart, personligt udstyr, uanset hvor man befinder sig i verden," udtaler Christopher D. Sorensen.

Living room: BV7-40 mkIV + V8000, BL5, BL3, BM1 and BS9000. Bedroom: MX3000 and BL4500 on MCL2-AV. Around: PentaIII, CX100 and MCX35 on ML/MCL + MCL2-A, BeoPort and BL4 on ML, BS3300 + M75 as stand alone, BC6000 + BC600 and BT1100, LC1, LC2, Beo4, Beo5 and BL1000, BS2 and A8, EarSet2, Apron, Coffee mugs, Enamel Bagdes, Bath towel, Keyring, Books, Lots of miniature and the Bottle opener. Office: BC2300 + BL2500 and BS3. Summer house: BS Century.

Addicted? Oh no.... ;)

• 07-03-2007 9:05 AM In reply to

• Christian
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Copenhagen, Denmark
    • Posts 626
    • Bronze Member

Re: News about B&O: Will develop integration between mobile phone and household mediacenter.

Hope someone will translate Smile

Living room: BV7-40 mkIV + V8000, BL5, BL3, BM1 and BS9000. Bedroom: MX3000 and BL4500 on MCL2-AV. Around: PentaIII, CX100 and MCX35 on ML/MCL + MCL2-A, BeoPort and BL4 on ML, BS3300 + M75 as stand alone, BC6000 + BC600 and BT1100, LC1, LC2, Beo4, Beo5 and BL1000, BS2 and A8, EarSet2, Apron, Coffee mugs, Enamel Bagdes, Bath towel, Keyring, Books, Lots of miniature and the Bottle opener. Office: BC2300 + BL2500 and BS3. Summer house: BS Century.

Addicted? Oh no.... ;)

• 07-03-2007 9:58 AM In reply to

Re: News about B&O: Will develop integration between mobile phone and household mediacenter.

Given, you are located in Denmark and its capital, I would have thought you were better placed than most to get a translation of this article

Regards Keith....

• 07-03-2007 4:17 PM In reply to

Automatic translation:

B&O will be leading with mobile telecommunication Of JESPER OLESEN Publishedly 03.07.07 hrs. 12:32 With millions in economical support from Højteknologifonden Bang & Olufsen will create a new cell phone concept together with Danish researchers. The new cell phone concept is to secure internetaccess to the family's pictures, films and music, no matter whether one finds in the car, on the boat, in summer cottage or a hotel another place on the globe. The research project just got the name “Mobile Home Center" and is completed in collaboration with Alexandra Instituttet, Arkitektskolen Aarhus and researchers from Department of Computer Science at University of Aarhus. Contributions from fund The project has an overall budget on 20 million crowns, where Højteknologifonden has just decided to contribute with half. "We will create an experience of that your home is there, where you are. If you for instance go fail of your son's school concert, because you are out and travel, your family can put a video recording in the home archive, thus you can see it via your mobile Home centre. Or when you drive your car at garage, it'll automatically be brought up to date with the newest media, e.g. E books or music from your home archive, thus you can enjoy these on the trip the day after", Kaj Grønbæk says, professor of computer science at University of Aarhus and continues: "The technical side of the project is about interaction design as well as safe and robust infrastructure. The system has to be able to adjust itself those band widths and platforms which are accessible. Four instance the system mustn't fetch a film in HD-quality, when there only is one 2,5 inches screen available." At the front with new concept At Bang & Olufsen senior manager of innovation Christopher D. Sorensen is certain that the million grant from Højteknologifonden will help to secure that Bang & Olufsen - and thus Denmark - is able to be along at the front within the development of completely new cell phone concepts. "Globally seen is there severe competition about developing new user-friendly concepts based on the cell phone. The grant to this developmental project will help to ensure that we are able to be along completely visible and put some solid soleprints on the development", Christopher D. Sorensen estimates. He thinks at the same time that Bang & Olufsen as company will manage to open new doors with the concept: "I believe that we'll find new competences and mark us in new areas. Bang & Olufsen is world-famous in order to give people unique experiences with the products at home at the living room. With Mobile the Home Center-concept is our ambition to be able to give the same unique experience via portable, personal equipment, no matter where one is in the world", Christopher D. Sorensen pronounces.
  • 07-03-2007 4:23 PM In reply to

• Christian
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Copenhagen, Denmark
    • Posts 626
    • Bronze Member

Keith Saunders:
    Given, you are located in Denmark and its capital, I would have thought you were better placed than most to get a translation of this article

Spot on, but I was running late for an appointment. It would at least take me an hour to translate, and I did not have the time.

I will try to sum up the article.

Addicted? Oh no.... ;)

• 07-03-2007 4:26 PM In reply to

With millions in economic support from højteknologifonden, B&O aims together with danish scientists to create a new cellphone concept.
    The new concept will ensure access to the familys photos, movies and music, regardless if they are located in a car, boat, beachhouse or any other place on earth. The scienceproject has been named "Mobile Home Center" and are to be developed in coorporation with The Alexandra institute, The School of architecture in Aarhus and scientist from the datainstitute at The university of Aarhus.

Contributions from fond

The project has a budget of 20 million Danish kroner, and Højteknologifonden has recently agreed to contribute with half.
    "We want to create the experience that whereever you are, your home is right there with you. If you for an example are about to miss your sons schoolconcert because of traveling, your family will be able to upload a movie to the archives so you can watch it through your mobile home center. Or when you are driving your car in the garage, it will automaticly update with the newest media, e.books or movies from your home archive for you to enjoy on the trip the next day" says professor of computer science at the university of Aarhus, Kaj grønbæk and continues, "The technical aspect of the project is about interaction and secure and steady infrastructures. The system are ment to adopt to the platforms and bandwith available. For an example the system are not supposed to download a movie in full HD quality when there are only a 2,5 " screen available"

In front with new concept

At Bang And Olufsen, senior manager of innovation Christopher D. Sørensen are convinced that the contribution from Højteknologifonden will ensure that B&O, and thereby Denmark, will be able participate in front in the process of developing whole new cellphone concepts.
    "Globaly the competition in developing new userfriendly concepts based on cellphone technology is tough. The contribution for this project will ensure that we are able to participate in front and leave som rather solid footmarks in the developing process" says Christopher D. Sørensen
    At the same time, he is convinced that the project will open some doors for B&O as a company.
    "I believe we will find new competences and make ourselves notised in new areas. Bang and Olufsen are world known for giving people unique experiences with their products in their own homes. With the Mobile home center concept, our ambition is to be able to provide the same unique experience through handheld personal equipment, regardles where you are located in the world" says Christopher D. Sørensen

BV7-40 MK IV, BL5´s, BL3´s, BL 3500, BL7-4, BS3000, BC 6-23, BV 1, BS3.

• 07-03-2007 4:40 PM In reply to

• Christian
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Copenhagen, Denmark
    • Posts 626
    • Bronze Member

B&O plans to take the lead in the mobile phone business.

With millions of DKK, B&O plans to develop brand new mobile phone concept, together with Danish scientiest.

The new concept will create world wide acces to the pictures, music and movies located in the home.

The "code name" is Mobile Home Center and is carried through in coorporation with various universities and institutet.

Contribution from foundation

Total budget is 20 mill. DKK, and B&O have recieved half from the High-Tech foundation in DK. 

"We want to create the experience that your home is were you are. If you miss you sons school concert, due to a business trip, your family can place the recording (movie) on the home computer and it will be instantly available on your cell phone. Or when you arrive home, the car will automatically update with new song and e-books from the home arcive, so they will be accessable for the next day's travel to work or whereever." Says professor Kaj Grønbæk, and continues:

"The technical part is about safe and reliable communication, and adaptable technology. You do not need HD on a 2,5 inch display.

New concept 

The project will keep B&O up front in developing the mobile phones, and userinterfaces.

The global competition is hard, but the 10 mill. from the foundation will help B&O.

B&O is know for unique home entertainment concepts, but this could introduce B&O to the market of pensonal, portable devices that gives the user a unique experience.

Addicted? Oh no.... ;)

• 07-03-2007 4:44 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-23-2007
    • Posts 223
    • Bronze Member

Is this now a translation competition ??? Yes But thanks.
  • 07-03-2007 6:09 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Wow. Thanks to all of you for putting so much effort into this translationBig Smile
    Aren't Beoworlders nice peeps?

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)