in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-06-2008 10:19 AM by joeyboygolf. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-06-2008 8:52 AM

• Beo
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 108
    • Bronze Member

Actually, what's the quality of the parts inside our B&O?

Dear all,

I am interested in what's the parts inside our B&O, any information in this.

For example, beosound 1, is there any information about the laser head used, the sound processing chips and the DAC etc..?

Also, an interesting example is beosound 6, as we all know it is nearly the same as samsung's. But what has been changed by B&O?

My overall question is whether B&O is really using top of the class inner parts?

• 01-06-2008 9:23 AM In reply to

Re: Actually, what's the quality of the parts inside our B&O?

I cannot answer for the BS6, but on the whole most components used are extremely good. The CD mechanism in the BS1 for instance is the Philips CD Pro II which is also used in many audiophile products. The decoder in this case is the integrated Philips CD10 chip set which is more than adequate for this application.

B&O have always used components from other manufacturers and uses high quality parts. They will tend to use good mainstream products rather than anything esoteric - the BS9000 uses a TDA1305 DAC - also seen in some Naim CD players but not one that the audiophiles would fight over!  

• 01-06-2008 10:19 AM In reply to

Re: Actually, what's the quality of the parts inside our B&O?

This is another thread along the same lines as the nonsense one on B&O's bad name or otherwise.

It will end up with tears!

B&O will use whatever internal components it thinks it can get away with for any particular job. No more, no less. Then it dresses them up in a package designed to appeal to it's customer base.

If, along the way, some bunch of so called audiophiles take a dislike to the end product, so what!

Regards Graham

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)