in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-23-2007 2:37 AM by Dillen. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-22-2007 6:14 PM

Beocenter 7700 Turntable

Hi I've recently adopted a Beocenter 7700. The turntable has a MMC4 cartridge. My question is about tracking: the cartridge rides VERY low over the LP surface and I'm having a bit of trouble getting the tracking just right since on some LPs with a raised lip or slight warp, the cartridge is dragging over the surface of the record (I'm tracking at between 0.5 and 0.75 g) -- especially at the beginning of the album. I've tried adjusting the weight, but any lighter and the stylus won't catch the groove and the arm slips off the record. Any recommendations?

On a related note, I came across a working Beogram 1800 in a junk shop today. What's the expert word on this unit?

Thanks! 

• 09-23-2007 2:37 AM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

Re: Beocenter 7700 Turntable

Welcome to Beoworld !

Wonderful machine but it sounds like the suspension in your cartridge has lost it's grip on the cantilever. This is, sadly, not the first time we see this. My advice would be to visit Soundsmith and shop for a new cartridge. The Beogram 1800 is a fine deck though, in my opinion, the build quality of the deck in your Beocenter is far superior.

Martin

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)