in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-25-2007 5:41 PM by joynsyde. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-24-2007 9:12 PM

BV 7 & 2009

Dear All:

Seriously considering the new BV 7, will it be ready for the digital change, especially in the USA, in early 2009?  In 2009, there will be no more analog tele signal.

Any comments are greatly appreciated.  

Dario

PS,

Any thoughts on the following future set with the BV 7(dark gray):  BL 7-4 center (, BL 9 (dark gray) fronts, and BL 3 (red) rears.
    When I hear music, I fear no danger. I see no foe... Thoreau
    Filed under:
  • 08-24-2007 11:51 PM In reply to

• Russ
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-07-2007
    • Washington, DC USA
    • Posts 641
    • Bronze Member

Re: BV 7 & 2009

BV-7/US is perfectly ready for Digital/ATSC.  The tuner is built in with it's own antenna/CATV input alongside the NTSC antenna.  Order your tomorrow!  Sounds like a terrific system to me.  The store at Tyson's Corner (VA) had one set up just like that for a while (OK, not those colors).

Russ 

We kid because we love.

Bang & Olufsen Tysons Galleria

McLean, VA USA

• 08-25-2007 3:14 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Already is fully Digital capable, the UK version inclusive (the US version is quite a step ahead of ours).

Weekly top artists:                   

• 08-25-2007 4:17 PM In reply to

• ®
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • UK
    • Posts 970
    • Founder

I wouldn't consider a BV7 until the DVD is HD 
  • 08-25-2007 4:26 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

If you go by that theory, then blu-ray and HD-DVD are already out-of-date. A hard-drive/computer based system can give much better picture quality.

I can't see how HD DVD or BluRay is ever going to become a replacement for DVD. DVD can produce a fantastic picture even on a 65" panel with the BeoSystem 3, and I can't see it'll be any different with the BeoVision 7. Practically every movie is available on DVD now, and will be for a very long time. DVDs are cheaper to produce than HD DVD or Blu-Ray, and hence I can't see that the industry (which is generally more price-driven than quality-driven) is ever going to change over.

Weekly top artists:                   

• 08-25-2007 5:41 PM In reply to

• joynsyde
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-09-2007
    • Midwest, U.S.A.
    • Posts 130
    • Bronze Member

darioazul:

PS,

Any thoughts on the following future set with the BV 7(dark gray):  BL 7-4 center (, BL 9 (dark gray) fronts, and BL 3 (red) rears.

I just saw the new BeoVision 7 in person-- all I can say is "Wow."

The speaker combination sounds optimal.  If it were I, I wouldn't go with a dark color on the BV7/BL7. It will blend in too much with the black screen color and make your TV set look a bit more ~normal~ than it is. The aluminum frame behind the screen is really really special, and you want it to stand out!  If you have red in your room (sounds like you do!) I would go with the RED option, or silver if you're less bold. Then you'll have a continuity in the textures of your design: all your aluminum surfaces (BL3s, BV7, BL7) will be red, and your cloth surfaces (BL9) will be dark gray.

Plus, you'd be one of the very few people in the Midwest (conservative land!) with an AV setup in any other color besides black or gray. (I took a look at your timezone, and I'm assuming you're in the Midwest somewhere.)

...my two cents ~AJ
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)