in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-04-2007 5:14 PM by Alex. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-04-2007 8:09 AM

multi-regioning a TV

Hello

I am thinking about buying a Beovision 7 (or other) television from B+O but need to get multi-regioning done because i have lived in three different continents and thus have many DVDs that are not European, where i now live.

I know, for a price, that B+O will do the multi-regioning but I have heard some negative things about it - your CD player won't work, your warranty becomes null and void, etc. The dealer has not mentioned these 'cons' to me and so I want to ask the forum whether anybody has done this successfully or would you warn against it??

Thanks,

Newf

• 08-04-2007 8:25 AM In reply to

• mattyd
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 06-21-2007
    • UK
    • Posts 16
    • Bronze Member

Re: multi-regioning a TV

Hi Newf,

I had mine done at my local store, and you can still play CD's from the Beovision 7 and there has been no difference to the features and functions to my TV.  If you get it done by a B&O store, then they will do it correctly.  Its only a sofware change, it doesn't damage the DVD/CD playback. I wouldn't worry about it. 

Matt.

• 08-04-2007 8:28 AM In reply to

• Goldfrog88
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-07-2007
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 83
    • Gold Member

Hi Newfangle,

Multi-regioning for a TV means setting the TV to specific PAL, SECAM or NTSC systems, often several, but most TVs nowadays autoswitch between systems. 

i think you mean multi-zoning for DVD. For example, UK uses PAL zone 2, while US uses NTSC zone 1, Australia PAL zone 4 etc. Multizoning will probably void the warranty if it's not done by your B&O service centre, but then will they do it?

We were lucky here in Australia until a few months ago. most of our B&O DVD players were multi-zone (and multi system). Now the company here has changed its policy to excluding play for discs zoned outside the region.

Look forward to BluRay ... it's zone free, but DRM'd to the hilt. 

• 08-04-2007 9:01 AM In reply to

• mattyd
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 06-21-2007
    • UK
    • Posts 16
    • Bronze Member

Multi-regioning or multi-zoning means the same.  I wouldn't worry too much about it.  If your B&O dealer does it for you, it will be done properly.  When the B&O TV leaves Denmark, they set the TV to what region country its being shipped to, all the Store will do is to change it back to Region 0 (all regions).

• 08-04-2007 5:14 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

The UK BeoVisions are the most compatible and 'multi-format' out of all the sets from different countries. All you will need to do then is to multi-format the DVD player.

Weekly top artists:                   

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)