in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-17-2011 6:50 AM by Peter. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-17-2011 6:50 AM

• Peter
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-28-2009
    • Sweden
    • Posts 134
    • Bronze Member

Grease recommendations, please!

Hi All,

I have a BV3-32 with a motorized stand (motor platform and cabinet), and I enjoy the possibility to turn the TV set to my perfect viewing position just as much as to impress visitors who never seen a B&O TV in action before. Smile

However, recently the motor stand has begun giving some friction noise when working that gave me the impression that the machinery needed to be oiled..

Lazy as I am, I sprayed some "universal oil and anti corrosion" stuff in the little opening between the bottom and the top of the heavy platforms. Convinced this was the way to go, since I earlier in the day fixed the central locking in my car with that spray, I thought this must be the best invention since sliced bread..Idea

And, it actually took off some of the friction sound from the stand at first, so I gave it some more. It worked fine all saturday.
    When I turned the TV on Sunday morning, it moved an inch and then stopped. Dead. Obviously the spray had worked itself into the electronics somehow and killed it. [:'(]

Finally, after getting help from my teenage son to lift the heavy TV and take off the motorstand, I disassembled it and sprayed another "Universal Electronic Cleaner"-spray on the electrics..and Voila! ..it started working again!..

So, now to my question: what kind of grease do you recommend for the motorstand to move silent and smooth?

(and yes..I will keep away from "Universal Wonder Spray's")

/Peter

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)