in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-18-2011 3:37 AM by valve1. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-17-2011 6:30 AM

Beolab 4 - wall position

Does anyone know or have an opinion on the best height to position a pair of beolab 4 speakers when being used as rear speakers in a surround sound setup?

We will need to walk past the wall so not sure if it matters if they are positioned quite high up so they don't get knocked, the floor to ceiling height is about 13 foot?

Thanks

• 04-17-2011 2:32 PM In reply to

• valve1
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-27-2009
    • Dublin Ireland
    • Posts 213
    • Gold Member

Re: Beolab 4 - wall position

danezro:
    the best height to position a pair of beolab 4
    The lab 4 is very flexable speaker to mount. I do not think the height matters as much as its question of where you angle/direct them. Mounted horizontally you have a lot of adjustment with their brackets. There is definatly a zone that the sound is directed twoards. I only discovered this when I put up a pair of lab 4s in a big room. I like them for surround sound and link rooms where you want the speakers out of the way. Trial and error is the best idea. I like the lab 4s a lot.

• 04-17-2011 5:25 PM In reply to

valve1:

danezro:
    the best height to position a pair of beolab 4
    The lab 4 is very flexable speaker to mount. I do not think the height matters as much as its question of where you angle/direct them. Mounted horizontally you have a lot of adjustment with their brackets. There is definatly a zone that the sound is directed twoards. I only discovered this when I put up a pair of lab 4s in a big room. I like them for surround sound and link rooms where you want the speakers out of the way. Trial and error is the best idea. I like the lab 4s a lot.

I might be wrong, but I am pretty sure the OP asked about BeoLab 4, and that you are talking about BeoLab 4000.

The 4 is no where near as flexible when it comes to mounting as the 4000.

• 04-17-2011 8:17 PM In reply to

Another option is to use ceiling mounts to mount them vertically on your wall. You can put them up quite high-ish and have the speaker side horizontal to the ground pointing down to your seat. Mounting them this way makes them a lot more flexible...

My B&O: 2009 Catalogue and Pricelist

• 04-18-2011 3:23 AM In reply to

Thanks for the replies. I already have the wall brackets, but I agree the ceiling mounts are very appealing.  I think I will place them quite high up on the back wall.

• 04-18-2011 3:37 AM In reply to

• valve1
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-27-2009
    • Dublin Ireland
    • Posts 213
    • Gold Member

Guilty as charged! I was indeed talking about 4000,s.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)