in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-18-2011 9:14 AM by stefan. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-17-2011 10:30 AM

• ssi76
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 03-01-2010
    • Posts 7
    • Bronze Member

B&O mini amplifier to use with passive speakers?

Hello,

Has anyone got a solution this issue?

I am today using a BS9000 as the base in a 2 zone link system. (Kithchen and living room). I have connected the output from my AppleTV through af airport express to the AUX-socket at the BS9000. This setup has worked well fore years.

Due to a new furniture I would like to drop the old BS9000. In the living room (where the ATV and Airport i placed) this i easy because I got new active speakers that can be connected directly with the airport.

In the kitchen I will place a ekstra airport express iand connect it directly to my speaker. The problem is that I would like to keep my old build-in CX50 speakers in the kitchen (which ofcouse requires an amplifire of some sort).

Has anyone got a solution for this? Has B&O ever made a mini-amplifier in ordre to make passive speakers "active".

Thanks!!

• 10-17-2011 10:54 AM In reply to

Re: B&O mini amplifier to use with passive speakers?

It's called an ML to MCL converter and also goes by the name of Passive Kit depending on how it's packaged. Probably too expensive an option unless size is really a major concern. 

Have you thought about a Sonos system? It's not the greatest, but it doesn't sound like you need a lot of integration so it may serve. There's a model for active speakers (or as an input to components) and for passive speakers.

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 10-18-2011 9:14 AM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

Re: B&O mini amplifier to use with passive speakers?

There are also small 35W amplifiers made by DeToma. www.detoma.com/

They are called A403, A423...and have powerlink inputs for B&O devices.

Stefan

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)