in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-11-2011 4:59 AM by Toost_001. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-26-2009 2:58 PM

Beocenter 7007 > problems with speed record player

Hey Beoworld,

For months now I have been looking out for the perfect Beocenter 7xxx. The discussions and all the info on this website have been very useful to me. Many tanks for that!!!

Yesterday I bought a beocenter 7007. Great stuff! A dream come true. I am a happy man, but.... My record player is playing too fast!  Both at 33rpm and 45rpm that record goes at a steady constant speed, but too fast. It's kind of like playing a record on my Technics with the pitch at +3.

Is there some kind of switch to change the speed (I hope it's gonna be that simple :-)

Can you please help me fixing this?

Many thanks for all tips & tricks!

Greetz, toost

• 04-26-2009 7:42 PM In reply to

• Andrew
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 03-16-2009
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 49
    • Bronze Member

Re: Beocenter 7007 > problems with speed record player

Hi Toost,

I have a Beocenter 5000, I found it extremely useful to join this site and download the service and instruction manuals, they include the information on how to use/service minor repairs on this unit.

I believe the speed control settings are located under the turntable platter, there should be a seperate one for each speed.

Andrew

• 05-14-2009 12:56 PM In reply to

HI Andrew,

Sorry for my late reply > I just got back in the country.

Thanks for your feedback. The original manual was included with the beocenter. I did not find anything about a speed control switch. Or do you think there are more advanced service manuals? Where do you think that switch is? I have lifted the platter but i don't see anything :(

thanks!

Toost

• 05-14-2009 1:19 PM In reply to

Toost_001:

Thanks for your feedback. The original manual was included with the beocenter. I did not find anything about a speed control switch. Or do you think there are more advanced service manuals? Where do you think that switch is? I have lifted the platter but i don't see anything :(

thanks!

Toost

Hello Toost! There are indeed full service manuals on these machines. I believe you just have the user manual which doesn't include the speed setting, as these centres don't have a user speed control at all, it was only supposed to be adjusted at factory & service. The service manual for exactly 7007 isn't on site, but I took a look at 7700 and 5000, and both of them have two adjustment trimmers under the platter. Once you remove the platter, they should be visible as two small holes approximately in the "southeast" of the platter opening, near the perimeter. Adjustment for 33 rpm is closer to the front edge, they are probably marked.

Of course, you can't adjust these while playing a record since the trimmers are under it, so you might have to print out a stroboscope pattern and use that.

-mika

• 02-02-2011 8:14 AM In reply to

• PatP
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-02-2011
    • Posts 2
    • Bronze Member

I have a more extreme problem with my 7007 where the record plays very very fast. Has anyone seen that? It seems at least 3 times as fast as normal not just something that is adjustable.

It is an english 7007 and the voltage is still set to 220v whereas Australia where I am is 240v. I that part of the problem? Or is there something that governs the speed that has completly failed?? Apreciate any advice.

• 02-02-2011 10:44 AM In reply to

• Step1
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-06-2008
    • Manchester
    • Posts 961
    • Gold Member

The voltage in the UK has NEVER been at 220V or 230V or whatever and never will be. It is still 240V! And yes, you want change that voltage selector although I cannot help you with the speed problem with this model sorry.

Olly.

• 02-11-2011 4:59 AM In reply to

Hi Mika,

Apparently I never recieved your mail, or I must have deleted it by accident. I just read your reaction now... And it worked!!! :)

Thanks a lot, you really made my day !!!

Many thanks! Toost

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)