in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-09-2010 1:10 PM by warren. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-09-2010 8:20 AM

HDMI distribution to link room

Hi,

I have just purchased a beovision 8 32" for the bedroom and will be coonecting via masterlink to a beovision 7 32" in the lounge.  My primary video source is SKY HD and would like to recieve the HD signal in the bedroom as well.

I know that masterlink will distribute via RF the picture and sound if I hook up the sky box with SCART but is there any way I can use an HDMI splitter on the Sky box and get the beovision 8 in the bedroom to call up the local HDMI socket whilst still sending the IR control commands via masterlink to the BV7?

Thanks

Warren

• 11-09-2010 8:32 AM In reply to

Re: HDMI distribution to link room

Hi

If you ask B&O they surgest a "Atlona HDMI matrix" to link HDMI signal.

I have purchased a HDMI splitter 1 in & 2 x out, as i currently only need HDMI signal, linked to 2 sources. BV10-40 in main room, and BV8-40 in bedroom.

In my setup, the HDMI source is my PS3, that i use as Bluray/ DVD/mediacenter.  from that i connect the HDMI cable to spiltter, and distributet it to the 2 rooms.

Setup DVD source on both TV´s  And then i connectet both of the PUK IR-cables. from each TV, to my PS3.

Now i can control and se HDMI picture from both Main room and Linkroom.

But with all that said... could´nt you just buy a CAM Module for the BV8 & the BV7... plug in you Sky-card, and reseave it that way directly to the TV without the SKY-box.  ? ? ?

• 11-09-2010 1:10 PM In reply to

Re: HDMI distribution to link room

I was going to use an HDMI splitter but was hoping to not have to run both IR cables back to the sky box hence a method if using Masterlink to send the IR control back via the video master...

I don't think the CAMs are compatible with SKY.....  as SKY doesn't follow any standards...

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)