in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-31-2010 4:19 AM by MihoWatashino. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-27-2010 5:31 AM

BeoVison 1 / Tube glitch

Hello,

I Have a BV1, and wanted to watch a movie yesterday,

when I switch on the TV there is a white flicker (like a box around the tube to see) in 0.1 seconds is shown

and then disappears when the image signal is displayed.

Furthermore, the picture is excellent Smile I just wonder if anyone knows what this might be,

because it has not previously occured.

Hopefully not a harbinger of the "tube-of-death" phenomenon: S.

anyone have an idea?

Thanks!

Miho

• 08-27-2010 5:48 AM In reply to

Re: BeoVison 1 / Tube glitch

What you are describing is called "Corona Discharge" and is often a short arcing of high voltage (25 Kilo Volts) between the EHT (Extra High Tension) cable and chassis or other component. This ETH cable goes to the anode of the tube. It can also be an arcing within the tube itself, but that would normally either cause a total failure and/or effect the overall picture, particularly focus.

This problem often occurs when there is a build up of dust or a spiders web inside the TV which provides a path for the high voltage.

You will need to determine if you have a build up of dust/dirt as a first step to determining the cause.

Regards Keith....

• 08-27-2010 6:07 AM In reply to

Thanks Keith,

For the quick response on this matter, it could be "dust" indeed between those particles,

if I want to solve the problem, do I totally have to remove the chassis, or are there other options to considder to clean/swipe out the dust...

kind regards,

Miho

• 08-29-2010 1:26 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Oh dear! Mine has been doing this for a couple of years, and i've taken the back cover off and it didn't look that dusty, where exactly is the problem area of the build up located??

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 08-31-2010 4:19 AM In reply to

@Dave, Sorry for my late reply on this topic, I've been off for a couple of days.

Though, I haven't been able yet to check if there's dust pilling up inside the BV1, but for some strange reason, the "flickering" shown for about 0,1 sec around the tube became less. So I'm still wondering if it's that bad...

Otherwise I have to learn living with it... Tv itself is still beautifully designed.

regards,

Miho.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)