in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-30-2010 5:37 AM by malcolm welborn. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-28-2010 9:09 AM

Can't control my new Amstrad 1 Terrabyte Sky HD box!!

Has anyone else had this problem? Surely the ir signal is the same as the other box as I'm still using old remote control.

Any advise would help.

• 08-28-2010 9:15 AM In reply to

Re: Can't control my new Amstrad 1 Terrabyte Sky HD box!!

Are you sure you new box uses the same infrared signals ?

Regards Keith....

• 08-28-2010 9:44 AM In reply to

Assuming your original box was HD the codeds should be the same.

Remove the IR sender from the front of the box and look at it through the viewfinder of a digital camera or the camera on your phoe.  While pressing a button on the remote you should see the sender flash as it sends the IR.  If not look into why there is no IR signal being sent.

If it does flash, then hold the sender about 3 inches from the front of the sky box, and keep pressing the up button on the remote.  Move the sender accross the front of the Amstrad box until you see the "remote" light on the box flash to indicate a signal is being recieved.  Keep pressing the up button and make sure the light continues to flash while you find the correct position to fix the sender

• 08-28-2010 8:00 PM In reply to

• frog
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Posts 191
    • Founder

The Amstrad can be controlled with the Sky+ commands - they seem to work better than the Thomson Sky+ HD commands.

• 08-29-2010 3:45 AM In reply to

Follow rednik's advice. The receiver positions vary on Sky boxes and it's very easy to put the IR blaster in the wrong place. The receiving window will be a non-obvious patch somewhere on the plastic case of the box and nowhere near the on-off light. You might be able to spot it with a very strong torch.

Graham

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure. [W C Fields]

• 08-30-2010 5:24 AM In reply to

As per vikinger, you need to move the remote sensor down to the middle left third section of the box. It works perfectly with the existing Sky + PUC commands. Just took me a little while of moving the sensor around until I found the new infrared receiver placement on the new smaller Amstrad box. Its almost impossible to see.

You'll be very pleased with the upgrade. Better looking on screen text rendering for the menus, quicker menu display and to my eye, HD movies look a little sharper.

As an aside, I've not yet once had to perform a reset. My old Thomson box needed a reset once every 4-6 weeks.

• 08-30-2010 5:37 AM In reply to

had my amstrad  hd box  6 months now found my spot just to the right of the logo which shows your recording or playing, this is if standing looking at the front of the box

mine is now fixed to back of beovision 10 using stb bracket works perfectly

malcolm

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)