in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-24-2010 2:41 PM by lano. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-24-2010 5:38 AM

• lano
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-25-2010
    • Posts 66
    • Gold Member

STB-C

Hi, have two questions regarding STB-C (for a BV 3-32) that maybe someone has some answers to:

1) Is it possible to add a DVD (non Beo) to the STB-C list or is it some other way to control it from BV3 (the DVD is not in visible range for the Beo 4 remote)?

2) Is it somehow possible to control a set-top box that is connected via the RF in (antenna) if it’s in the STB-C list?

/lano

• 08-24-2010 8:46 AM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

Re: STB-C

I don`t have a BV3, but it should be always the same with (older) Beovisions:

1- Afaik it`s not possible to change single PUCs, as you have to change an eprom in older BVs, that includes a complete set of devices.

In newer BVs (BV7 - 10 ...) your dealer can arrange a PUC list on his computer and transfer this list to your Beovision.

But you can control your DVD player via a Lintronic box, connected to the Scart lead and hidden with the DVD player.

www.Lintronic.dk

Or you get a special Scart lead from oneremote.

www.oneremote.dk

Or let Ulf modify your box:

www.ulf-kiener.de

2 - Yes. Your STB will be controled via a Beo IR emitter connected to the front of the STB. Doesn`t matter, whether your stb is connected via RF,

Scart or HDMI...

Stefan

• 08-24-2010 2:41 PM In reply to

• lano
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-25-2010
    • Posts 66
    • Gold Member

Re: STB-C

Thanks for the answers!

Regarding 2) How does the BV3 know what IR codes to send if I havn't changed to a certain input (connection) that I have set up for a certain STB (I'm just interesting in how it works technically)?

/lano

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)