in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-15-2010 4:13 PM by davidfish1212. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-14-2010 4:02 PM

Beomaster 1001, Whats the best way to connect an Ipod, Help Please.

Hi, I have recently bought a Beomaster 1001 and would like to connect my Ipod touch into it. I have seen various cables, DIN to headphone socket, but is there a DIN to Ipod connector ( the one under the Ipod ).

Cheers in advance, David

• 06-14-2010 4:58 PM In reply to

Re: Beomaster 1001, Whats the best way to connect an Ipod, Help Please.

A member called RIDAX used to offer modifications to the iPod docking stations that would allow the DIN connection to send TAPE commands to the iPod to affect track changes etc

But this was a custom service, not an off the store shelf offering ...

At the back of my mind is a memory of a discussion about some similar offerings from European (German maybe) manufacturers

Try searching the forum for RIDAX and IPOD and see what you find

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 06-15-2010 8:50 AM In reply to

@elephant: He is referring to a Beomaster 1001. That was a long, long time before Datalink or even remote control - so there's no need to make it that complicated.

davidfish1212:

I have seen various cables, DIN to headphone socket, but is there a DIN to Ipod connector ( the one under the Ipod ).

No, there isn't. That's because there's no need for one. Just get a DIN to 3,5mm headphone plug (looks like this) and you're good to go. You can then simply connect it directly to the headphone jack or you can get a Dock for your iPod and connect it to that.

• 06-15-2010 10:56 AM In reply to

I use a Dock and then you can use the Apple remote to work the iPod. Don't tell anyone but I use mine with my Beolab 5000 system when I cannot be bothered to clean the records. I record at a high bit rate so the sound is really not too bad at all!

• 06-15-2010 4:13 PM In reply to

Thanks for the info everyone, think i'll treat myself to a docking station Yes -  thumbs up Cheers, David

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)