in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-23-2010 6:23 AM by Craig. 12 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-19-2010 2:30 PM

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Anyone made a claim with parcel2go?

Just had a buyer of an Ebay item tell me the couriers have destroyed a Beogram 2000. He says you can clearly see where the parcel has been dropped on it's corner. It smashed the Dust cover and the Beogram, to the point wher there is a PCB hanging out the side of it. Just waiting for him to email me some pictures of the damage.  Just wondering what the chances are of getting the courier to pay out?

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 05-19-2010 3:45 PM In reply to

Re: Anyone made a claim with parcel2go?

Hi Craig

I had a similar problem recently, but one where the buyer was completely uncooperative and I ended up losing money :(

Anyway, if you booked the courier through Parcel2Go you need to initiate the claim, and will need support from the buyer in terms of photos etc.

My fingers are crossed for you :)

President, Beomaster 8000 Appreciation Society

• 05-19-2010 4:20 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Don't let the buyer return the item until you have been in touch with parcels2go Craig. If you have a valid claim the package MUST stay with the consignee until they investigate. As John says though - you're really in the hands of the buyer now & hopefully they will be cooperative.

If they paid with paypal though I'm not too hopeful as they will get their money either way & then it is up to them if they want to help you claim back from the courier.

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 05-19-2010 4:23 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

j0hnbarker:

Hi Craig

I had a similar problem recently, but one where the buyer was completely uncooperative and I ended up losing money :(

Anyway, if you booked the courier through Parcel2Go you need to initiate the claim, and will need support from the buyer in terms of photos etc.

My fingers are crossed for you :)

Not looking good, you need pics of the damgage plus the packaging used. From what the buyer tells me, the outer packing does not have any real visible damage. At least he is been very helpful.

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 05-19-2010 4:33 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

There are other things to be aware of Craig - basically the small print which hides a myriad of escape routes for the courier to avoid even initiating a claim.

There is always a very short time limit on intitating a claim - miss the deadline & forget it.

Did the buyer sign for the goods as unchecked? If not they will simply claim they were signed for in good order as in the terms & conditions. Again, forget it if they simply signed for receipt/delivery.

Are electronic goods covered by their insurance? I would check this in the terms & conditions.

I have to be honest & admit to using couriers mainly for the convenience & the better general service than Parcel Farce provides. But they are pretty much all the same when it comes to making a claim.

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 05-19-2010 4:39 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Thanks Chris for a very honest answer. Next question then. Got a spare Beogram 2000 dust cover?LaughingLaughing

CraigSmile

• 05-20-2010 3:56 AM In reply to

If the outer carton was not damaged then surely your packaging was inadequate???Devil

Regards Graham

• 05-20-2010 11:00 AM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Craig:

Thanks Chris for a very honest answer. Next question then. Got a spare Beogram 2000 dust cover?LaughingLaughing

CraigSmile

Of course I have Smile

Drop me a line.

Chris.

• 05-21-2010 11:01 AM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

joeyboygolf:

If the outer carton was not damaged then surely your packaging was inadequate???Devil

Well you may have a point there Graham. Although the amount of bubble wrap I used I cant see how.Unsure

CraigSmile

• 05-21-2010 3:22 PM In reply to

• h1npw
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • A cricket ball throw from Trent Bridge
    • Posts 776
    • Founder

I've been sending Beograms to the far corners of the world without any problems for a few years now.....until this month. Two Beograms arrived in Germany and Australia in kit form. The outer packaging in both cases looked undamaged and of course the buyers signed as having received the goods in good condition. Money paid for insurance a complete waste of time.....It's certainly knocked my confidence in sending anything abroad....Sad

Cheers

Nigel 

• 05-22-2010 4:13 AM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

h1npw:

I've been sending Beograms to the far corners of the world without any problems for a few years now.....until this month. Two Beograms arrived in Germany and Australia in kit form. The outer packaging in both cases looked undamaged and of course the buyers signed as having received the goods in good condition. Money paid for insurance a complete waste of time.....It's certainly knocked my confidence in sending anything abroad....Sad

Cheers

Nigel 

Nigel, I know what you mean. Its not like this is the fist time I have shipped a Beogram abroad. Ill never insure an item for it's full value again that for sure.

CraigSmile

• 05-22-2010 5:30 AM In reply to

I gave up with Parcel2go some 3 years ago over an unpaid insurance claim compounded by poor service from DHL. They didn't pick up or deliver unless they had something else in the area to make it worth their while. I don't mind waiting in for a collection to take place on the date specified but if they don't turn up...............!

I used UK Mail for UK deliveries for some time but they got a bit expensive, especially when they started charging a lot for redeliveries.

I have used UPS via the www.Interparcel.com website for some time now for both UK and overseas deliveries. They have proved ultra reliable and reasonable cost. The insurance is handled by Interparcel and so far they have been very fair. UPS lost a pair of Beolab 6000's going to Spain and damaged a BC9500 en-route to Portugal. On both occasions I was paid in full for my costs. There was another instance, can't remember the details but I was also suitably compensated.

One thing I would point out is that the whole insurance claim does take some time and they will ONLY deal with their client i.e. you! Because of the time that will be taken, you will need to take it on the chin and replace the item or reimburse the buyer promptly. Then argue your insurance case with the courier. You may not like it but that's the way it works best, in my experience.

Regards Graham

• 05-23-2010 6:23 AM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Thanks Graham, you are not the first person to reccomend www.interparcel.com. Ill give them a try.Wink

CraigSmile

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)