in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-09-2010 3:14 AM by Peter. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-08-2010 7:33 PM

Beogram 6000

I have just received the Beogram 6000 4CH Type 5502 that I bought  about 15 months ago!

No, it's not one of those Parcelforce fiascos, it has been waiting to be collected by my son Brett when he next went anywhere near Weston Super Mare. We have'nt needed to go that way until last weekend and it was duly collected.

Many thanks to Beoworld member Andy, who has been looking after it all this time after I bought it from a near neighbour.

"I've had a bit of an accident Dad" said the lad on the other end of the phone. I had to pull up a bit sharp and your deck slipped off of the rear seat and landed on the floor. "There's not much damage". "Bloody hell Brett, Ive only been waiting 15 months for it and you demolished it within 10 minutes!!*??

They really built 'em in those days!! I've just spent the afternoon and evening rebuilding her and you know what??? You wouldn't know that it happened. Just like a meccano set, it sprang apart but went back together easy. "Perfick" as they say. Now I need to get a decent silver coloured cartridge to replace the black MMC20s and it will be the "dogs".

It sounds fine but doesn't look right with that black thing stuck on the end of the arm.

Not bad for £40 though!!

Regards Graham

• 03-09-2010 3:14 AM In reply to

Re: Beogram 6000

You are right - beautifully built - all diecast chassis and sliding fittings. The only weak parts seem to be the pulley for the arm which can split and the plastic washers on the bracket for the wood surround. I love the way you can dismantle the whole thing down to constituent parts with a small spanner and screwdriver. Last of the real engineering man's Beograms.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)