in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-09-2010 3:11 PM by Graham1982. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-09-2010 2:49 PM

Dumb terminal

Hi:

The title to this thread is not what I want (they probably don't exist now).However, I would like a really small PC that will have wireless capabilities, perhaps a DVD drive and minimal storage capacities (about the size of a mac-mini or smaller). I would then like to connect this to a TV in the kitchen.

Does anyone know of a product that matches this description?

Thanks

Graham

• 01-09-2010 2:57 PM In reply to

• akoro
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-07-2008
    • Espoo, Finland
    • Posts 88
    • Gold Member

Re: Dumb terminal

If  you're into PC's then Asus might be an option with eeebox http://www.asus.fi/product.aspx?P_ID=feOf1lR3z93Xf3OQ

Just being curious - what are you planning to do with it?

• 01-09-2010 3:11 PM In reply to

Re: Dumb terminal

Hi:

I have built a media server using xp pro, this is connected to the house wifi network and accessed by all machines in the house. I use itto stream films to my beovision 1 in my bedroom.

I have an MX 4000 in the garage doing nothing and I would like to put it to use in the kitchen. This would otherwise need to be connected to a laptop to stream media to it. However, I have thought about whether a thin client machine would do the trick.

I have asked someone on eBay but have no experience in the area of "proper" networking so it is all a bit of an experiment.

Thanks

Graham

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)