in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-22-2007 8:11 PM by Dave. 26 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (27 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-19-2007 4:51 AM

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

BeoLab 4000, IMPRESSIVE.

I've not been on beoworld for the last couple of weeks and have just come back on now, it has taken a while to go through all the threds i've missed, but was wrapped to see the picture of Leon recieving his BS4 prize! :)

I've been away because i moved house. In moving we bought a pair of BL4000's from ebay for only AUS$1300. They are exceptional and i love them. FANTASTIC value, the only gripe i have is that they aren't the most exciting looking speakers. We have now ordered a BS4 that will come on friday (very exciting).

I just have one issue with these second hand speakers. They are scratched on top of one of them. Is there a way of replacing the aluminium panel, or what? I've read that they are sealed and i'm NOT game to open them up ;)

Cheers, Dave

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

Filed under:
  • 06-19-2007 4:55 AM In reply to

Re: BeoLab 4000, IMPRESSIVE.

The top and bottom aluminium plate is fixed with self adhesive tape and can be replaced without opening the speaker.

Marcus 

• 06-19-2007 4:58 AM In reply to

The BL4000 can be disassembled. Each alu part can be replaced if you like.
    I would recommend you talk to your dealer. He can help you to replace scrached parts.
    The parts are not that expensive.
  • 06-19-2007 5:03 AM In reply to

The exploded view is shown in the service manual.

Regards Graham

• 06-19-2007 5:09 AM In reply to

Beautiful and functionally superior speakers, the BL4000s. B&O's hidden secret as far as performance goes - brilliant for acoustic music and vocals.

• 06-19-2007 5:52 AM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

Your dealer can replace the scratched parts at a reasonable (for B&O) price. I think you have a beautiful setup with BS4 and BL4000!

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 06-19-2007 6:25 AM In reply to

philipsmz333:

I've not been on beoworld for the last couple of weeks and have just come back on now, it has taken a while to go through all the threds i've missed, but was wrapped to see the picture of Leon recieving his BS4 prize! :)

I've been away because i moved house. In moving we bought a pair of BL4000's from ebay for only AUS$1300. They are exceptional and i love them. FANTASTIC value, the only gripe i have is that they aren't the most exciting looking speakers. We have now ordered a BS4 that will come on friday (very exciting).

I just have one issue with these second hand speakers. They are scratched on top of one of them. Is there a way of replacing the aluminium panel, or what? I've read that they are sealed and i'm NOT game to open them up ;)

Cheers, Dave

a pair of BL4000 together with a BS4 that's a very,very nice set-up ! but I just can't say goodbye to my beolab5000. so my just won BS4 is accompanied by those BL5000 together with my BLpenta's ! but looks ver nice as well imho and sounds absolutely impressive !

Leon: Beoworld's First "First Prize" winner. "Carpe Diem et Dolce Far Niente"
  • 06-19-2007 7:05 AM In reply to

Black BL4000s together with a BeoSound 4 gives me instant 2001 A Space Odyssey "Monolith" engineering associations. Cool

• 06-19-2007 10:05 AM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

soundproof:
    Black BL4000s together with a BeoSound 4 gives me instant 2001 A Space Odyssey "Monolith" engineering associations. Cool

well, that really would be a very good combitation, black BL4000 with BS4. what colour are your BL4000, Dave?

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 06-21-2007 2:18 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Thanks for the suggestions i'll ask the dealer at some point, it's not that big a deal, just being fussy :)

Oh I should put a picture up on here of my setup, you guys would appreciate it i'm sure. I recieved the bs4 yesterday and it is COOL. The 4000's are serious speakers, you are right it is quite a nice combination. Very humble and honest but certainly not 'cheap'.

Now how to hide ALL of those wires (there are so many it's disturbing)...

• 06-21-2007 2:32 AM In reply to

You stick with the Lab 5000's Leon, there aren't many of us proper audiophiles on this forum!Laughing

Regards Graham

• 06-21-2007 3:08 AM In reply to

joeyboygolf:
    You stick with the Lab 5000's Leon, there aren't many of us proper audiophiles on this forum!Laughing

agree !!!!!!!!......................:-)

if you put our avatars together you'll get my home set up !!.......:-)

quote: Now how to hide ALL of those wires (there are so many it's disturbing)...
    I've linked my BS4 to my Avant and that leaves me with "just" three wires, all the others are now hidden behind the tele......:-)
  • 06-21-2007 7:31 AM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

joeyboygolf:
    there aren't many of us proper audiophiles on this forum!Laughing
    I agree - not enough Penta owners! Stick out tongue

Weekly top artists:                   

• 06-21-2007 8:00 PM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Even though this is not relevant to the title of my original post, i thought i should put this up to let you guys know, when i turned my bs4 on this morning - it's display was gone. Uh,oh! Then the door started going up and down as though it was confused, THEN it started popping very loudly through the speakers (is that burning circuitry i can smell?)... i called the dealer and they will be over in a few hours to see whats up. 

When i was setting it all up at the start i noticed the hong kong text inside it's conical foot, but didn't worry - as this has been discussed already on here. 

When i spoke to the dealer and mentioned the chinese writing, he sounded surprised and was confused.

Are there fake beosounds being distributed during transit of these products?? :O

• 06-22-2007 1:58 AM In reply to

Alex:
    joeyboygolf:

Don't forget Alex, I've got both but I keep selling the Penta's. What does that tell you?

Regards Graham

• 06-22-2007 3:42 AM In reply to

joeyboygolf:

Alex:
    joeyboygolf:

Don't forget Alex, I've got both but I keep selling the Penta's. What does that tell you?

That's a trick question?! Tongue Tied

• 06-22-2007 4:16 AM In reply to

Henry:
    joeyboygolf:

Alex:
    joeyboygolf:

That's a trick question?! Tongue Tied

My current Pentas are sold awaiting collection but I've had several other pairs and sold those. I choose to keep Lab 5000's and I've got 3 pairs of those at the moment!!

Regards Graham

• 06-22-2007 4:48 AM In reply to

Just gave away a pair of 5000s!!! Stick out tongue
  • 06-22-2007 4:50 AM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

joeyboygolf:

Alex:
    joeyboygolf:

Degeneration of the ossicle chain GrahamLaughingLaughing

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 06-22-2007 5:05 AM In reply to

Peter:

"gave away"  as in without payment ?...................that's a lucky guy [or girl] Tongue Tied

• 06-22-2007 7:35 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

yay the problem was all sorted in seconds and while a new BS4 is ordered from Denmark i have a loan BS4, nice one! An interesting issue, but my inference that it was a fake was probably wrong. It appears that this BS4 may have been intended for the Asian market and a mix up had occured, oh well i'm not the least bit worried, because the service is superb at Dj's in Adelaide, i love them!! A brand new store has just opened in Hyde park but i haven't been there to see it yet, thats how good the this store is.

I'm only 20 and assumptions can easily be made. If the service was arrogant (like i have experienced in other la-di-dah places) i would not have made a single purchase. On one occasion i waltzed into the other B&O dealer which is now closed down, and they were unexpectedly VERY rude. Never went there again despite it being in a more convenient location.

Thats my tangent for the night, i just wanted to report on a day that easily could have ended in tantrums and tears, but ended up being a productive and fun day! I was given cable covers for the tyraid of cables that plagued our otherwise nifty setup. Stay tuned for photo's!

• 06-22-2007 8:18 AM In reply to

Peter:

Now , I know that's true Peter but I believe that you should also state your reasons for doing so!Cool

By the way, what happened to the dented ones, I may be interested!

Regards Graham

• 06-22-2007 12:46 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

joeyboygolf:

Alex:
    joeyboygolf:

You keep making the wrong decision? Laughing

Weekly top artists:                   

• 06-22-2007 4:21 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Hi Leon.
    I have Pentas and an Avant but my rears are 8000s. As some other git won the BS4 I am using  a 7000 system for audio.
    I really would like a BS4 but would hate to part company with my trusty Beosystem 7000 which I have had since 1993!
    I was wondering, Do you get full display on your Pentas ie NMUSIC and NRADIO? Is the display on the 5000s the same as the Penta display?

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 06-22-2007 4:39 PM In reply to

joeyboygolf:

Peter:

Now , I know that's true Peter but I believe that you should also state your reasons for doing so!Cool

By the way, what happened to the dented ones, I may be interested!

Laughing  Why spoil a good line!

Actually I am swapping them for a CD5500 and some other bits! I actually didn't even unwrap them as I didn't want them to have any marks on them! Lee had kindly arranged for their transport and had wrapped them beautifully after cleaning them up! The CD5500 is wonderful! I have also engineered us getting the service manual so that will be on site soon!

Page 1 of 2 (27 items) 1 2 Next >