in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-11-2009 10:34 AM by diggs2701. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-09-2009 11:59 AM

Moving Beo5 Software to New computer

Hello All,

I want to move the beo5 software to a new computer (I have the program) but I want to make sure I take my configuration and all login/password info also. Does anyone have an idea of how to do it?

Should I install the program and then copy all info in the c: drive (B&O folder) and overwrite the c: drive (B&O folder) of the new computer? Will this take all of my configurations and updates?

Thanks,

Diggs

• 11-09-2009 12:29 PM In reply to

Re: Moving Beo5 Software to New computer

Diggs,

Transferring the Configuration Tool to another Windows Based PC is not a problem, but the login and password is best re-entered manually.

Install the Configuration Tool using the normal installation program, then save from the old PC the "Clients" sub-directory and if you have saved any templates and/or third party XML files not supplied by B&O then also copy over the "ThirdParties" and "TemplateZones" subdirectory and their contents to the new PC

Regards Keith....

• 11-09-2009 12:48 PM In reply to

Thank you very much Keith! I will let you know how it goes. Do you think there is a file that is stored on the machine to remember the login info?

Diggs

• 11-11-2009 10:34 AM In reply to

I re-installed and overwrote the contents of Bang&Olufsen directory and everthing seemed to work perfectly. I think I also found the file that stores the login info for the Beo5 program in the TEMP folder so I will overwrite that to keep the updates coming. Thanks!!!

Diggs

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)