in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-01-2009 6:04 AM by Spiros. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-29-2009 2:30 PM

• Spiros
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Thessaloniki GREECE
    • Posts 1,088
    • Gold Member

Is this possible?

Hi all,

I'm currently using alot the N.Radio from my Beoport through the link in the house. However, since the Beoport with the computer is in the Attic and I mainly hear music in the living room, two floors downstairs, I'm wondering if there is a chance to at least create some pages that have the Genre of the N. Radio. I can see of course the radio station from the Beosound4 but nothing more and i'm more or less in the dark if I want to switch from Jazz to Rock or Classical etc.

What I mean to say is that after pressing N.Radio on the Beo5, have a list of Genres (e.g. Classical, Jazz, Rock, R&B, HipHop etc) and then press the coresponding button. After that there is no problem surfing around the stations.

Altough I can add or remove some products with the software, I can confirm I'm completely idiot in creating commands, so any advise would be more that appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

Best regards

Spiros

• 08-30-2009 11:18 AM In reply to

• Stan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 593
    • Gold Member

Re: Is this possible?

I don't believe the question is whether the Beo5 can do this... it seems that it can do most anything... but whether the BeoPort can support this...  I used to use my BeoPort only with a Mac so N.Radio was not available.  If the N.Radio navigation works like the N.Music navigation, you would need to build "macros", that would mimic the steps required to do this on the remote today (send "Genre" color command + multiple arrow downs until you get to the desired Genre - with a short delay between each step so the BeoPort doesn't get confused).  This would assume that the order of the Genre list doesn't change and every time you send the "Genre" color command, the navigation starts at the top of the list.  Don't know the answers to this, but I do wish there was this type of capability to do with with the BS5/BM5.

Stan

• 08-30-2009 2:04 PM In reply to

• Spiros
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Thessaloniki GREECE
    • Posts 1,088
    • Gold Member

Hi Stan,

It should obviously be done by Beo5. However and as mentioned by you, it will probably need "macros" which frankly spoken, I'm unable to make, unless of course it's easy and I just never saw it happening!!!!

Any ideas how to create one?

And frankly spoken, I think that the feature of N.Radio is the best and this is why I do want something like that.

By the way, if I remember correct it could be doen at least in Beomedia1!!! But on the other hand the TV should be on in order to see what was happening!!

Best regards

Spiros

• 08-30-2009 2:25 PM In reply to

• Stan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 593
    • Gold Member

Assuming you have the beo5 configuration software, creating a macro is very easy.  You just go to the page in the configurator where you assign IR commands to buttons, and assign more than one command to a button (I don't have the software in front of me so I cannot tell you *exactly* how it is done), and there is also the possibility to add a delay of a specified duration which is usually needed between commands that are intended for the same device.

Stan

• 08-31-2009 8:07 AM In reply to

• Spiros
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Thessaloniki GREECE
    • Posts 1,088
    • Gold Member

Hello Stan,

I have to latest config tool so from that point I'm ok.

However, as mentioned before I know nothing about the commands, although I will of course give it a try.

The problem though seems to be that I have no way to "capture" the command that opens the Genre list-> e.g.classical music etc. so I'm not quite sure about how to proceed after that.

In any case thanks for all info provided.

many regards

Spiros

Best regards

Spiros

• 08-31-2009 10:34 AM In reply to

• Quim43
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 11-15-2007
    • Tarragona (Catalonia)
    • Posts 1,030
    • Gold Member

Hi Spiros

If you know how to do it using your Beo5 without a macro, step by step, there is a trick to create a macro very easily:

Go to View tab and do all the steps you need to do what you want. Keep the commands you will see in the window and go to Edit tab, create a new button and add all those IR commands you have done before. The macro should work fine.

Regards

Quim

• 09-01-2009 6:04 AM In reply to

• Spiros
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Thessaloniki GREECE
    • Posts 1,088
    • Gold Member

Hi Quim,

Many thanks for this tip!!!!!!!!

Will try it and let you know results. Thank you!!!!!

Best regards

Spiros

Best regards

Spiros

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)