in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-08-2009 7:44 AM by Michael. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-05-2009 8:27 AM

• Michael
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-23-2007
    • Atlanta, USA
    • Posts 318
    • Founder

Beo5 dead

My Beo 5 seems to be dead.  The screen is black and it does not transmit nor give any indication that it is active.  It's been sitting happily on it's cradle for about a month ( I've been traveling) and was working fine when I left it there.  It doesn't activate when either charging or connected to the configurator.  I'm running the latest software (3.0) and updated the firmware.  

The battery seems to have a charge and the casing seems/feels to be "active" when lightly touching it.  Is there a "hard" reset command or technique that might be able to jump start this thing?

-Michael

• 08-06-2009 3:33 PM In reply to

• Michael
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-23-2007
    • Atlanta, USA
    • Posts 318
    • Founder

Re: Beo5 dead

I'll take it that the answer is no.Erm

I've got it unplugged and will leave it for a week to see if having the battery fully drain might help.

-Michael

• 08-06-2009 4:01 PM In reply to

• k984942
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 11-10-2008
    • London, UK
    • Posts 194
    • Bronze Member

Don't have an answer for you mate but I feel your pain re the lack of answer from anyone on this forum.

As much as I enjoy this forum its always puzzled me why some rather silly topics get masses of attention whereas a politely asked question thats actually about a B&O product (not something that may be coming along, some rant or other, etc etc) gets nothing!

Good luck! Lets hope someone out there cares enough to answer you!

32" RF VCR Avant, 2 x 28" VCR Avant, DVD1, Beocom 6000, Beo5, A9 Keyring!

• 08-07-2009 11:03 AM In reply to

Most of the time if you do not get any answer, it is because nobody knows...

• 08-07-2009 10:25 PM In reply to

k984942:

Don't have an answer for you mate but I feel your pain re the lack of answer from anyone on this forum.

As much as I enjoy this forum its always puzzled me why some rather silly topics get masses of attention whereas a politely asked question thats actually about a B&O product (not something that may be coming along, some rant or other, etc etc) gets nothing!

Good luck! Lets hope someone out there cares enough to answer you!

This is certainly not intended to be offensive (to you or the OP) -just a general commentary! Big Smile

I think that the fact that he posted his issue HERE in the first place is simply testament to the great response that BeoWorld provides: right, wrong, or in this case... indifferently! I am certain that this will be resolved, either here (likely) or by B&o repairing/replacing his remote.

Respectfully,

• B&o bottle opener
  • 08-08-2009 7:44 AM In reply to

• Michael
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-23-2007
    • Atlanta, USA
    • Posts 318
    • Founder

Thanks k984942 for the empathy.  It's always appreciated.  Smile

The Beo5 is certainly an odd item in the B&O line up which is why I think it deserved it's own forum in the first place.  I didn't expect that many people would be aware of any hardware reset/diagnostic so it didn't surprise me that there may not be much feedback.  

Seeing that my dealer was gracious enough to support my experimental, non-supported endeavors with my Beo5 I tend not to trouble him every time it hiccups.

Besides, if the answer to this question had been yes I think it would have greatly benefitted the entire forum.  As burantek has stated that is the power of Beoworld.

I'm just so happy I didn't get a string of responses stating "We warned you..." Stick out tongue

Getting back on track...  If the beo5 doesn't fire back up after a little downtime I'll go ahead and call BeoCare and see if they have a diagnostic routine.

I'll let you knowYes -  thumbs up

-Michael

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)