in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-01-2009 7:24 AM by elephant. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-27-2009 10:41 PM

• Andrew
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 03-16-2009
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 49
    • Bronze Member

Beomaster Repair in Melbourne Australia - Recommendations

Hi everyone, I just bought myself a Beomaster 1900 on ebay.

It needs a few new globes and I would like to get one of Martin's (dillen's) famous capacitor kits fitted but works fine as it is so no major fault finding required.

I am absolutely useless when it comes to using a soldering iron for delicate jobs and this unit is in such nice condition I would hate to spoil it! My forte lies in the mechanical side of things, not the electronic :(

I am wondering if anyone can recommend someone in Melbourne Australia who could do the work required on this unit, the unit works okay in its current state but I would like to return it to its former glory with new caps and bulbs. I am happy to pay someone privately to do it or a workshop.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Andrew

• 06-01-2009 12:20 AM In reply to

Re: Beomaster Repair in Melbourne Australia - Recommendations

Hi Andrew,

Obviously apart from the B&O Service Centre, I've used a guy in Gardenvale to do some work on B&O so maybe he's worth a try. He's a bit slow in getting things done, but he seems to do a good job. His store is on New Street practically at the corner of Martin Street and he is open Saturday mornings. Maybe take it down on Saturday and ask him, it's not far from you. Head down Beaconsfield Parade through St Kilda and Elwwod. When it does a sharp right, I think Martin Street is the next set of lights (the set before North Road). Turn left in to Martin Street. Head up to the set of lights which is New St. There's a bottle shop on the corner, and I think his shop is next door.

Good luck,

Jonathan 

My B&O: 2009 Catalogue and Pricelist

• 06-01-2009 1:40 AM In reply to

I think they may be called Central Sound Repairs (????)

My B&O: 2009 Catalogue and Pricelist

• 06-01-2009 7:24 AM In reply to

Andrew, I think that place is very close to us.

I often wondered about their capabilities, now I know - thanks jld!

Andrew, if you want to pop in and have a cup of tea or crack open a beer give us a call.

Ed~2

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)