in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-12-2009 2:01 PM by stotty1111. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-12-2009 12:30 PM

• stotty1111
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-16-2007
    • UK / France - Nth Worcestershire/Finistere
    • Posts 924
    • Gold Member

AV2 Expander problems

Got one of these beasts off Andy of Weston on appro so to speak having difficulty getting it to work !

Peter has very kindly been of assistance in verifying the power pack is the correct one.

However the pic on the case indicates the +ve supply line is the centre of the socket and the outer sheath is negative - the power pack has been setup in this manner but the piece don't work, have opened up the box and the socket on the board appears to take the +ve feed onto the -ve  side of the first decoupling electrolytic cap this cannot be correct tried the supply the other way round still don't work !

Suggestions gratefully taken onboard!

Come on guys/gals help please!

Tony

I always try to operate using/following the KISS principle --  Keep it simple stupid!

• 06-12-2009 1:53 PM In reply to

Re: AV2 Expander problems

I used to use one and I do remember having to reverse the polarity of the power adapter to get it to work! What is your TV? What do you connect at the back of the expander. p.
  • 06-12-2009 2:01 PM In reply to

• stotty1111
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-16-2007
    • UK / France - Nth Worcestershire/Finistere
    • Posts 924
    • Gold Member

Re: AV2 Expander problems

Got an mx7000, also a 4000,ie  the current beast - use av2 connection - but without it connected to anything would assume the on / off led would light or does it need to be in service so to speak with a signal from the tv?

Have also replaced the on board 15v zener to no avail

t

I always try to operate using/following the KISS principle --  Keep it simple stupid!

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)