in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-22-2009 11:03 AM by Razlaw. 11 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-08-2009 5:35 PM

Apple TV/Masterlink/Beoport question

We have three rooms linked by Masterlink. Room 1 has a BV7 and BS3000 with an Apple TV connected to the BV7. Room 2 has a pair of Bl6000s connected.  Room 3 has Beoport and the PC. The Apple TV syncs with the PC wirelessly.

If I touch N.MUSIC on the Beo 4 followed by STOP I can use my iTouch to control iTunes and hear music from the PC via Masterlink in both room 1 and room 2.

In room 1 if I touch PC I have access to Apple TV and then can use either the Apple remote or the iTouch to contol music on the Apple TV and have the Apple TV display on the BV7.

Here is the question, I can not access Apple TV for music from room 2. I would like to be able to play music from the Apple TV in room 2 so that when we have a party I can play the same music in room 1 and room 2 while having the cover art displayed on the BV7 by Apple TV.

Is there some way to get the same music being played in room 1 via Apple TV  to be played in room 2?

Thanks!

Beovision 7-55 with Beolab 7-4, 9s and 4000s

Beovision 10-40 with Beolab 1s and 6000s

Beosound 1, 5, 2000, and 3000

Beotime, Beotalk, Beocoms

• 03-08-2009 8:48 PM In reply to

Re: Apple TV/Masterlink/Beoport question

Razlaw,

I think the issue could be either or both of the following two issues: (1) To hear the signal of the Apple TV over ML, the analog audio must be connected in addition to HDMI. As long as the device outputs analog parallel with video, you're good. (2) Having chosen to access Apple TV under PC has limited you since the PC command doesn't work in a link room with an Active Kit the way you need it to here. The PC command switches to the local input on the Active Kit instead of accessing the attached PC peripheral connected to the video master. If you change your access to V.MEM or V.AUX, you will be able access it from the link room without any conflict.

The only thing that might end up arising is that sound taken over HDMI and sound taken from analog audio might be out of sync. If you would have them loud enough to hear them from room to room, this will undoubtedly be annoying. If you can live with analog only, you can have the BeoVision 7 look for the audio separate from the HDMI. 

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 03-08-2009 10:41 PM In reply to

Thanks for the suggestions. I tried the V. MEM (Our Beo 4s do not have DVD2 or V. AUX2 and V.AUX is Blu-Ray) Pressing V.TAPE on the Beo 4 switches the BV7 to V. MEM and Apple TV works fine. However, in the link room pressing V.TAPE does nothing, the speakers do not turn on. I also tried LINK V.TAPE with no luck. CD N.RADIO and N.MUSIC work fine in the link room.

• 03-09-2009 6:10 AM In reply to

• StUrrock
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-04-2008
    • Cambridgeshire
    • Posts 219
    • Bronze Member

Hi Razlaw,

As long as you have followed TripEnglish's excellent advice all you connections should be correct.

On the face of it it sounds like your link is in option 5 and is not responding to video commends.

2 solutions

1. On your remote send the AV V.MEM command

2. Put your link into option 6 and then it should respond directly when you press V.MEM

If you require help with these, either post again or send a PM.

Regards

StUrrock

• 03-09-2009 8:06 AM In reply to

Thanks!  I will try your suggestions.

• 03-09-2009 5:25 PM In reply to

I have tried all of the above suggestions with no success. I have tried changing the options, differen t sequences of buttons on the Beo 4, analog audio connection, still no luck. I can get the speakers to turn on, just no sound. Anu other suggestions of what to try?

Also, pressing DVD in the link room does activate the BV7s internal DVD and I can hear its sound through the link room so it seems to me that all is connected properly with proper Option programming. 

Thanks!

• 03-09-2009 8:26 PM In reply to

Just tried a different set of analog cables and now it works. Thanks for all of the help.

Am I correct if use just the analog cables the two rooms should be in sync?  However would not be able to get surround sound on movies from Apple TV.

If I connect both types of cables I should be able to turn HDMI off in the BV7 menus for the times I want the two rooms in sync and turn it on when watching a movie?

• 03-10-2009 3:55 PM In reply to

• 03-10-2009 8:17 PM In reply to

Razlaw:

Just tried a different set of analog cables and now it works. Thanks for all of the help.

Am I correct if use just the analog cables the two rooms should be in sync?  However would not be able to get surround sound on movies from Apple TV.

If I connect both types of cables I should be able to turn HDMI off in the BV7 menus for the times I want the two rooms in sync and turn it on when watching a movie?

Razlaw, 

You're correct. You simply need to decide which scenario will take precedence and wire accordingly.  

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 03-10-2009 8:31 PM In reply to

Is Apple TV really that bad Trip?

My B&O: 2009 Catalogue and Pricelist

• 03-10-2009 10:22 PM In reply to

So I can't leave both types of wires connected and use the Connections menu to switch from HDMI to Analog? (The setting for HDMI that can be set to on or off)

• 03-22-2009 11:03 AM In reply to

TripEnglish:

The only thing that might end up arising is that sound taken over HDMI and sound taken from analog audio might be out of sync. If you would have them loud enough to hear them from room to room, this will undoubtedly be annoying. If you can live with analog only, you can have the BeoVision 7 look for the audio separate from the HDMI. 

Does anybody have any experience hooking it up with both HDMI and Analog?  If I do so will I be able to get 5.1 for downloaded movies and also have the option of music in the link rooms?  Does anybody notice if the sound is out of sync or not? 

Thanks!

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)