in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-21-2009 4:40 AM by Coolskin. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-08-2009 10:39 AM

Beomaster 5, BeoPlayer and three PCs

Hi (again),

Got my BM5/BS5 all working with BEOPLAYER on one PC. The BM5 can be seen from my PC as a network share. I've also installed BEOPLAYER on another PC I have on the same network. However, the second PC can't connect to the share while the first PC is connected? It would be nice to hear radio stations and all my music from any PC in the house at the same time. After all, BM5 is "just" a PC with a shared disk, right?

Anyone know if this is a "known constraint" ? There is a product called BeoPort, but not sure if this will solve this problem.

As always, any help greatly appreciated. thx

/john

• 03-08-2009 10:55 AM In reply to

Re: Beomaster 5, BeoPlayer and three PCs

Hi John

BeoMaster 5 has been limited to only one connection at a time.

You can from beosound switch to servicemode and then from the windows XP shared drive set the allowed share to more than 1.

I have not tried it myself yet and maybe B&O has made this restriction due to problems they have discovered, but I am not sure.

regards

Michael

• 03-08-2009 12:06 PM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

Should be possible to listen to the same (or different) radio stations on all your PCs via Beoplayer at the same time. N.RADIO stations are located on your BM5 AND on your PC(s), So no need to connect all your PCs to BM5. It`s alsp possible to listen to different N:MUSIC, for example the first via your BM5 in the main room and link rooms, second in a linkroom via your PC from the BM5, a third via a second PC with Beoplayer from the PC´S HD.

Stefan

• 03-08-2009 12:30 PM In reply to

Hi Stefan,

Thx. The N:RADIO seems to work from all PCs.

I dont have BeoLink, just PCs. So, I was hoping to store all my music in one place (on my BM5) and listen to it from all PCs.  So your "first" above works fine (via BM5 in main room), your "second"  (linkroom via PC from the BM5) also works fine as this PC is the "first" PC, your "third" (via second PC from PC's HD) also works but requires me to have the files stored on the second PC also. Defeats the purpose a bit if I have to copy all files to all PCs.

I think I might try Michaels suggestion and allow more than one PC to connect at a time and see if that works.

Thx for your help.

/john

• 03-21-2009 4:40 AM In reply to

I don't know if my suggestion can be of any assistance.

Connected to our "internet connection box" are an apple airport extreme and Iomege 750GB harddrive. The harddrive is wireless connected, via the AAE, to one Mac Mini, PowerBook G4 and a Laptop Windows XP PC. All three computers have access to the music stored on the Iomega harddrive.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)